Mad King Gangrel

Chrom

Crack!

The sound of thunder and lightning surrounds me along with a maniacal laugh. I grit my teeth, then feel a warm hand on my shoulder.

"Don't let him get to you. Now, let's kill This dastard once and for all!" Anna yells.

I smile at her "As one!" I shout.

We charge at Gangrel, two against one. It seems like we have the advantage, but in reality, Anna and I together, equal out Gangrel's strength when he's alone!

"Duck!" I yell as I tackle Anna to the ground as Gangrel shoots lightning out of his Levin Sword.

I get off of her and help her to her feet "Thanks! ELTHUNDER!!!" She shouts as she shoots the magic at the Mad King.

He dodges it, barely, and snarls "Bwa ha ha! You are quite the clever girl aren't you? You shouldn't be serving a weak little prince like him! Instead you should serve someone with more power than you can dream of! Someone like me!" He shouts.

No way in hell Gangrel!!! I yell and slash at him "YOU WILL DIE BEFORE YOU TAKE MY ANNA AWAY FROM ME!!!" I shout.

Gangrel laughs again, I jump back "I'd rather die than serve you, you monster!" Anna yells. Good! Not the dying part though.

"Suit yourself. I guess I'll just have to have you, and your boyfriend's heads as constellation prize!" Gangrel jeers.

"Chrom! You take him on, I'll assist you. This is your chance to avenge Emm!" Anna says.

I nod "Right! For Ylisse!" I yell.

Gangrel and I slash at each other with our swords. Anna shoots him with an Elthunder, he dodges it, but he's surprised. I use this as my change to attack.

"FOR EMMERYN!!!" I yell as I slash at him, Gangrel looks up, and for the first time, I see fear on his face. I hear the satisfying sound of my sword hitting his flesh. He staggers up, and reaches for his sword.

"FOR EMMERYN!!!" Anna repeats, shooting him with an Elthunder.

He's done.

"F-fool of...a prince... Your people care not for you... you are... alone... As every man lives and dies: ...alone..." He mutters as he takes his last breath.

"You are wrong Gangrel. I am never alone, I have someone who will never leave my side and will die with me. Someone you can never have." I declare.

"Come, let us assist our friends." Anna says.

I smile "Let's go."

...

"Sire, the remaining Plegian forces are surrendering en masse!" An Ylissean soldier tells me.

"Order our forces to cease the fighting at once." I order.

"Yes, sire!"

Anna and I meet Flavia and Basilio in one of the forts on the battlefield. "Then it's finished. Once their messenger delivers our terms, that's it. We put an end to this bloody business, once and for all." Flavia says.

We did it... I can't believe it! "We've won.. Somehow I don't feel like celebrating." I say.

Basilio nods "Victory can be bitter as well as sweet, boy. It's good you learn that now." He says.

"Regna Ferox lost many good soldiers today. We need to see to our dead. Then it's time to attend to the living and rebuild our army." Flavia says.

"I'm sorry, Flavia. Your sacrifice will not be forgotten. Ylisse will compensate your nation in whatever fashion-" I'm cut off.

"Oh? In that case, how about you hand over the Fire Emblem and we'll call it even?" What?! "...Hah! Just a little Feroxi humor. Don't worry after our finances, Chrom. Reparations will fall to Plegia, and I've seen their treasury-they can well afford it." Flavia says.

"Yes, pity the man who stands between Flavia and a full coffer, boy." Basilio says.

I laugh "Heh, I'll have to remember that when you come to visit Ylisstol." I say.

They begin to walk away, and I turn to see Anna, smiling wildly at me. We did it! We actually did it! We can finally do all of the things we've talked about! We can finally express our love openly!

She's crying and laughing a little bit "W-we finally did it! The war is over! We can live in peace now!" She exclaims.

I laugh too "Haha! Yeah, we finally can! However, I must ask for your patience. As the new king, my first responsibility must be to healing my people. We won't be able to have a grand wedding just yet, but as soon as Ylisse is standing strong, we'll be able to start our life together." I say.

She nods "I understand, I'm a tactician, remember? I'll think of something, I'll help you in whatever way I can. I love you." She says.

"Gods... how did I ever find a woman like you?" I ask.

She giggles "In a field, fainted, and without memories." She jests.

I chuckle "I guess that's how you know they're a keeper." I offer her my hand "Now come. Together my love we shall build a peaceful world." I say.

She takes my hand "Just you and me."

__________________________

ITS FINALLY HERE!!!!! I'm so happy with how far I've gotten! Now that chapter 11 is done, ITS GONNA BE NON-STOP FLUFF FOR THE NEXT LITTLE WHILE HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! The next chapter will hopefully be posted soon, and I can't wait for all of you to read it!

Currently listening to: Can't Help Falling In Live With You, Haley Reinhart cover.