A Tour Around The Castle

Anna

I have never known such comfort in my life. 

I nestled deeper into my bed. Chrom gave us a few days off, so I am never leaving this bed. It's sooooo soft!

We had just returned to Ylisstol and Chrom decided to give the Shepherds a few days off. Because we were back in the castle, Chrom and I couldn't sleep in the same bed anymore. But I'm starting to think that I'm ok with that. These beds are so soft!

I heard a grumble from my stomach. "Do you have to ruin my morning?" I sighed, getting up. 

I looked around my room for my purple tactician robe, but it was not here. Oh right. Lissa and Maribelle forced me to let the maids wash my normal clothes. Instead, I saw a plain, cream-colored dress laying on a chair. I walked over to it and picked it up. It was modest and felt comfortable. But still, it was a dress. I sighed and got dressed. I sort of look pretty...

I pulled my hair back in its usual style slipped on my boots. Before I put on my left glove, I stopped and stared at my engagement ring. I wish we didn't have to hide our love... I pulled the glove over my hand.

You know, I should explore the castle today. This is going to be my new home. 

I exited my room and entered the vast hallway.

...

I made my way to the dining hall, but I heard a familiar voice.

"Ah, Anna! There you are..."

I blushed and look at the ground. "My regular clothes are being washed, this is only temporary!"

Chrom's face was flushed as well. "Y-you look... stunning..." 

"I-it's just a plain dress! It's nothing fancy so don't exaggerate!" I squeak.

"I'm not exaggerating... But, I bet you'll look even more stunning in a wedding dress."

My face was as red as a tomato, now. "Eep! C-can we not talk about this! Someone might hear us!"

"Haha, alright, alright, geez you can never take a compliment to save your life, you know that?" He took my hand and kissed it. "Anyways, I was looking for you. I wanted to know what you're planning to do today?"

"Oh, that! Well, I was actually thinking about exploring the castle a bit." I shuffled my feet. "Y'know, cause this is going to be my new home once the war is over."

"Oh, really?" A smile spread on his face. "I have an idea! Maybe I can show you around? I wanted to spend the day with you, anyway, so that way we'll be killing two birds with one stone!"

I perked up at the idea. "That sounds like a great idea!" My stomach growled. "Err... can we eat breakfast first? I'm kinda hungry."

"Haha! Alright, you and your appetite! Let's go." 

"Shut up."

...

"Alright, shall we begin the tour?" Chrom asked/

I nodded and smiled. "Let's go!"

We walked around for a bit and he showed me some of the normal rooms that you'd find in a castle. Like the library, kitchens, pantries, storerooms, armories, the Great Hall. We stopped by the throne room to say hello to Lady Emmeryn and then we continued the tour.

"I don't think I will ever learn the entire layout of this place. IT'S HUGE!" I exclaimed.

Chrom laughed. "Haha! Well you'll have your whole life to figure it out so don't worry! Now c'mon, there are a few more rooms I want to show you."

He showed me a huge cathedral, then he showed me a large balcony that overlooked all of Ylisstol. 

"Chrom... is there any specific reason you're showing me this?" I asked.

He took. my hand.s "Well, the cathedral is where we'll be married...and when the ceremony is over, we get to walk out on this balcony here to address the people and receive their blessings." He kissed my cheeks. "It's a Ylissean royal tradition that when a member of the royal family gets married, they get married here and then stand on this balcony. I've never thought that I'd ever get married so I'm not really an expert on the reason why, but I'm not going to complain."

I smiled at him. "Well I have no memories or knowledge of wedding traditions so, I'll just go with what you tell me."

He chuckled. "Haha, like I said, not much knowledge, never thought I'd get married. But then you just had to come into my life and be too hard to resist! But I'm sure Lissa and Emm will be able to tell you what to do, even asking Maribelle would be a good idea."

I nodded. "Yeah... something tells me that I should be paying more attention to her 'lady lessons'. Gods, sometimes I think she just wants to get back at me for the slang incident, but now she's committed."

"Sounds rough. Anyway, there's one more place that I want to show you today, tomorrow we can continue the tour. It's already getting close to dinner time."

He took me to a hallway with many bedroom doors. "This is where the members of the royal family sleep. Lissa, Emm and I each have our own rooms here." He gestured to a few doors, then he gestured to some rooms on the other side of the hallway. "The rooms on this side are much larger than these ones because they're reserved for the married members. Once we're married, I'll be moving out of my room and into one of these, here I'll show you." He led me to one of the rooms and opened the door.

In the room, there was a large canopy bed fit for two, a few vanities and wardrobes, a study area, and a bunch of space for other things. I blushed as I saw one more large area in the room: a nursery.

"So yeah... we'll be sleeping in one of these rooms once we marry... yeah, um let's go now." He was just as nervous as I was. That's right. We'll be expected to have children as soon as we marry. 

We entered into the main hallway once more. "Well, that's it for today, I'll give you the rest of the tour tomorrow. I still want to show you what's outside. Right now, we should head to dinner, the others will be expecting us." He extended his arm to me in the most princely fashion he can manage.

I rolled my eyes. "Such a gentleman," I said, taking his arm.

He smirked. "Hey, I try." He pressed a kiss to my cheek. "Now, shall we head to the dining hall, milady?"

"Ok, now you're really pushing it!" I squeezed his arm. "But alright, then. Let's head to the dining hall, my prince."

"Let's go."