Of Sacred Blood

Anna

"When do you think we will get word back from Plegia?" I ask my husband.

Chrom sighs "I don't know, love. I don't know..."

A few days ago, we met the Valmese forces at port Ferox, and we had to fight them. After the battle, we discovered the Feroxi forces were destroyed easily, and any army that can do that, is a force to be reckoned with. We then decided the best plan would be to attack Valm at sea, but Ylisse and Ferox are not equipped for navel battle. The only kingdom that is, is Plegia, the kingdom we were at war with just two years ago. Chrom reluctantly agreed that we should ask for Plagian aid, and we are now waiting to hear back from them.

Just then, Frederick approaches us "Milord, we have word from Plegia. They have agreed to meet with us at their outpost on Carrion Isle. A poor venue should things go sour, as the island's name makes plain. But then I don't see we have much of a choice." He says.

Chrom frowns "Cautious as ever, Frederick the Wary. Don't worry. We'll get our ships. This threat hangs over us all- Plegia as well. They must see that." He says.

We can only hope...

...

Chrom, Frederick and I enter the Plegian base on Carrion Isle, waiting to be greeted.

The white haired dark flyer, Aversa, approaches us. "Greetings, Prince Chrom. Plegia welcomes you." She says coolly.

Chrom frowns "Aversa!" He shouts.

Aversa laughs "What can I say? It seems fate has designs for me yet." She says.

Chrom looks back at me, concern on his face, and then to Aversa "You serve the new king, then? This... Validar?" He asks.

"I do."

"They say he worships Grima..." Frederick says.

Aversa nods "Why yes, of course he is Grimleal. We are both believers. My liege often says it was his faith that got him through, after Gangrel's passing. It was a difficult time... but he kept order where there might have been chaos. We had meant to arrange an official visit to Ylisstol, but- Ah, here is my lord now." She says as Validar enters the room.

A man with jet black hair, blood red eyes, and wears a dark sorcerers robes approaches us. Wait a moment... "An honor to finally meet you, sire. I am Validar, king regnant of Plegia." He says.

"The honor is mine, good king. ...Is it possible we've met before some... Gods! It can't be!" Chrom shouts. No... no, that can't be him!

Validar smirks "Oh ho, I'm quite certain I would remember any encounter with Ylissean royalty." He says.

Chrom leans over to me "Psst! Anna!" He whispers.

"I know! He looks just like the assassin that came after Emmeryn..." I whisper back.

Validar looks at me "And you must be Lady Anna." He says.

My attention is snapped to him "You know of me, sire?" I ask.

"The whole world knows of Ylisse's master tactician and high princess! And indeed, I see the sparkle of wisdom in your eyes." He says.