Lover's Antics

Chrom

Where is she... I walked around camp, trying to find my fiancé. "Hey! Sully, have you seen Anna?" I asked the red-headed knight.

Sully turned to me. "Anna? She's in the mess tent."

I waved my thanks and headed off to the mess tent. What I found, though, was not what I was expecting.

Anna was crouched over the counter, crying. "Anna?!" I ran over, ready to console her. "Anna, are you ok? Are you sad? Did someone do this? I swear, once I find them-"

Anna brushed away some tears and turned to me. "N-no! I'm n-not sad! I'm - j-just look." She gestured to the counter, where she was preparing dinner.

Onions... she was chopping onions.

She laughed at me. "Y-you never even bothered to see what I was doing and you jumped to the most ridiculous conclusion!!!" she laughed.

I looked away, embarrassed. "W-well, as long as your not sad... I'll just be going, now." I said as I exited the tent.

Chrom

I stirred from my sleep, conciseness slowly finding me. I sunk further into the bed. I don't want to wake up...we've been traveling for sooooo long! I rolled to my side, eyes still closed. Then, I felt something shift and move beside me. My eyes immediately shot open at the strange movement.

There, sleeping right next to me is my beautiful fiancé. I smiled at the sight of her. I forgot! She finally agreed to share my tent with me! I reached out and touched her soft brown hair. She shifted again, turning her face into my palm. She's so cute! I gently ushered her into my arms and pulled her closer, letting her settle comfortably into me.

She quietly made some sleepy noises and snuggled deep into my chest. I smiled even wider, gently stroking her hair. We should probably wake up soon if Anna wants to return to her tent before anyone sees. A few days ago, I suggested to Anna that we share a tent. She, of course, said it was a stupid and dangerous idea; it would make our engagement easier to figure out. But after a lot of convincing, reassurances, kisses, and a frightening nightmare: she agreed. Our tents were already so close together, and since we settled into a new area for camp, we were able to adjust a few tents so that she can easily sneak into my tent for the night. That, and as the tactician, she has already made lists of all of the places where the tents will be, and she knows where and when everyone sleeps so she can easily move without getting caught. She told me that came in handy one time when she attacked Lon'qu in the middle of the night with a fig.

I wish we could lie right here forever. Last night was the best sleep I've had in ages... I want nothing but to keep her in my arms for the rest of eternity.

I sighed, deciding to do the correct thing. "Anna? C'mon, Anna. It's time to wake up," I said, gently shaking her.

She made some inaudible noises and buried her head in my chest. I laughed and reluctantly pulled away from her. After a minute or so, she opened her eyes and stares at me. I reached my hand out to brush away the hair that was covering her eyes. "Good morning, my princess."

She groaned and smacked me with a pillow.

Anna