Our Time Off

Sumia

It's the perfect day for this! It was currently raining and the other female Shepherds and I decided to do some cleaning and organizing in the Garrison. Lissa thought that we should also use this as a moment to gossip.

"So, does anyone have anything they want to talk about...or someone?" Lissa smirked.

I briefly saw Anna turn her face away from the other women. "Um, no one here is dating anyone," I said.

Lissa rolled her eyes. "What about crushes? There's plenty to talk about there!" she exclaimed. I'm sure there's love in the air!"

Most of us blushed, including me. "Oh, crushes! My favorite! Alright ladies, spill!" Maribelle rested her elbows on a ledge and batted her eyelashes.

"What about Chrom and Anna?" Sully nudged the tactician's side.
They're spending A LOT of time together. Well, Anna, what's going on?"

Anna turned as red as a tomato. "W-WHAT?! WHY WOULD YOU SAY SUCH A THING!?!?!" she shouted. She assessed her reaction and calmed herself down. "There's nothing going on between Chrom and me. Besides, he doesn't even want to have a romantic relationship with anyone. I-it would never happen. It would be over if it ever started." 

That's too bad... They would make such a cute couple!

She decided to take the attention off of her. "What about Maribelle and Ricken? I have seen you flirt with him on multiple occasions, what's going on there, hmm?" Anna asked, raising an eyebrow.

Maribelle giggled, twirling a strand of her hair. "Well, he was quite gallant when he saved me," she dreamily sighed. "What I want to know what is happening between Sully and Virion!"

Sully laughed. "Haha! Oh you mean Ruffles? Yeah, the guy can't take a hint! But, I don't mind him watching my back in battles," she narrowed her eyes at Lissa. "Now, Lissa! You started this, now you have to join! I see that Vaike's been trying to get close to ya? How's that going?"

Lissa groaned. "He's kinda charming, I'll give him that. But the whole 'rivalry' thing he and my brother have going on is SO annoying! Nothing will ever happen between us."

Before anyone could ask her, Miriel spoke up. "Donnel has recently asked if he and I can become a 'couple'. To which I certainly accepted."

Shock painted everyone's faces. "And you never told us?" Anna asked.

Miriel remained as nonchalant as ever. "I did not feel like it was an event worth opening to people."

We decided to brush it off. It's Miriel. What can ya do? "What about you, Sums? You have anyone special to ya?" Sully asked me.

I blushed at the question. "Don't be ridiculous! She has had a crush on the prince for the longest time!" Maribelle giggled.

Anna tensed up.

Gods, I know she denies it but I KNOW she loves him! How could she not? I feel so bad for her... I really hope that something works out between them, or she at least moves on.

"W-well yes... I did really like him but..." I swallowed thickly. "But I know he'll never love me back. I mean I bake him pies every once and awhile but, that's not really much foundation to fall in love with someone. And like Anna said, he never wants to get married, so it's kinda hopeless."