Ylisstol

Anna

The prince and princess. Chrom and Lissa are the prince and princess of the realm. I was still in shock of my discovery. They said they were Shepherds! Well, apparently their "sheep" are the people. I guess the name of Chrom's militia started to make a bit more sense to me. But still! The prince and princess?! I would never have guessed at first thought but... I shook my head, I still had a headache. You know, you should probably tell someone you're royalty if you invite them into your militia!!! I wasn't mad, of course, just in shock.

After we made sure the capital was safe, we headed towards the castle. So, Chrom and Lissa are the younger siblings of this country's ruler... Well, Lissa and Chrom said she was a kind and fair ruler, so I really don't know what to expect. Ah, well, I guess I'll just have to find out.

We were now in the castle's throne room, and the Exalt, Emmeryn, is standing in the middle of the room, smiling.

"Chrom! Lissa! Welcome home. Oh, and good day, Frederick. How faired you all?" Emmeryn asked.

"Well - we shouldn't have any bandit problems for a while," Chrom answered.

"Wonderful. And our people?" 

"Safe as they can be, Emm. But we still need to watch the borders. The brigands crossed over from Plegia." 

A woman with light-blue hair tied in a bun and wearing a gold and silver armor spoke up. "Forgive me, milord. My pegasus knights should have intercepted them," she said.

"No, Phila. Your duty was here, with the Exalt," Chrom said.

This time, it was Lissa who spoke up. "And besides, we had plenty of help!" Lissa giggled, looking towards me. I suddenly felt a bit nervous.

"Ah, you speak of your new companion here?" Emmeryn asked.

Chrom gestured towards me and smiled. "This is Anna. She fought bravely with us against the brigands. I've decided to make her a Shepherd," he said. I felt a little bit of weight lift off of me, but not much.

Emmeryn smiled at me. "It sounds as though Ylisse owes you a debt of gratitude, Anna."

I shook my head. "Not at all, milady!"

"Forgive me, Your Grace, but I must speak. Anna claims to have lost her memory, but it is only that: a claim. We cannot rule out the possibility that she is a brigand herself or even a Plegian spy." Frederick glared.

"Frederick!" Chrom frowned. He's so quick to defend me... I'm glad.

"Yet you allowed her into the castle, Chrom? Does this woman have your trust?" Emmeryn asked.

"Yes. She risked her life for our people. That's good enough for me." Chrom smiled.

"Well then, Anna... It seems you're earned Chrom's faith, and as such you have mine as well." Emmeryn said with a smile.

"Milady." I bowed.

"But thank you, Frederick, for your prudence,  as always. Chrom and Lissa are blessed to have so tireless a guardian. I hope they remember to mention that from time to time..." Emmeryn winked.

Frederick bowed. "They occasionally express something akin to gratitude, Your Grace." he sighed. "Phila, I assume you've heard about the deathly creatures we encountered, yes?"

"Yes, milord. They've been sighted all across Ylisse." Phila said.

"Chrom, we are about to hold council. I was hoping you could join us." Emmeryn requested.

"Of course."

"I think that's our cue, Anna! C'mon, there's a place I want to show you!" Lissa exclaimed. Next thing I knew, she grabbed my hand and started to run off with me in tow. I briefly heard Chrom laughing as I'm playfully dragged into the large hallways.