Awakening

Chrom

It took an excruciatingly long 1-week march, but we made it to Mount Prism.

As soon as we got there, I was overwhelmed by the scenery. Massive waterfalls were on the sides of the mountain, the meadow was a lush green, and all the flowers looked totally healthy. And though the sky was a shade of gray, a rainbow painted its way across it.

"It's beautiful..." Lissa sighed dreamily.

"The divine dragon's power flows through every blade of grass here," Lucina said, completely taken by the peaceful scenery.

It truly is beautiful... It's as if this place is completely free of trouble...

Wait... At a time like this? This is too good to be true...

"Wait... Something doesn't feel right." I frowned, placing a hand on Falchion's hilt.

Just then, Anna slightly recoiled in pain and held her right hand. "Nngh... We must prepare for battle!" she ordered. "Grima has sent servants here. I can sense it. They'll be on us soon!"

"What?! Gods...we couldn't have asked for worse timing..." I groaned. "Alright! Shepherds! To arms!"

Anna called out everyone's battle formations, and we prepared ourselves.

I took my usual position next to Anna, sword at the ready. Lucina and Morgan were paired together, and not too far away from us. Their lovers, Inigo and Kejlle, were carefully positioned next to them as well. Cordelia and Stahl along with Severa were on the front lines, Severa riding with her mother and clinging to her tightly. Sumia and Frederick were towards the back to help pick off stragglers – Cynthia was not very happy about that job, she would rather be on the front lines – but their family was together. Owain and Lon'qu were standing protectively in front of Lissa, both had the same look of firm determination. Sully and Virion were both atop their horses and ready to charge head on into battle. They had asked to be placed next to Kejlle's group to keep an eye on her. Ricken was sitting with Maribelle on her horse so that he could help the brigade of healers, Brady was standing close by. Gregor, Nowi, and Nah were on the front lines, sword, and dragonstones at the ready. Panne and Yarne were already transformed into their beast forms, and Gaius took his position right next to them. I almost felt sorry for him because he had to keep up with them. Cherche and Gerome were on the backlines, ready to help the others by swooping in on their wyverns. Libra was close behind in the healing brigade. Tharja and Henry had their tomes out, their daughter, Noire, stood hesitantly next to them, her bow ready to be drawn. Vaike and Olivia were in the backlines helping the healing brigade. Laurent and Miriel were stayed towards the back to do the job of sharpshooting, Donnel was close in front of them. Basilio and Flavia took a position close to Anna and me, ready to aid their adopted family member in any way they could. The rest of our troops were scattered throughout the battlefield. We were ready.

"How could Risen infiltrate this sacred place?" Lucina asked.

"Their power must be linked to Grima's," I replied. "We must destroy them!"

I turned to Anna and nodded. She brought her hand to her mouth and whistled for Luka. Soon after, the dark Pegasus flew in and picked up Anna. Anna held out her arm and pulled me onto the fast-moving Pegasus. I withdrew Falchion and signaled for the battle to start as Anna and I took down the enemy at an aerial range.

...

"Grah!" I shouted as I brought Falchion down on the last Risen. My blade cut satisfyingly through the monster, and all that was left of it was a fizzing purple cloud.