Chapter 24

Warning - Mature Content Ahead!

We step out of the lift, and walk towards our separate rooms. The butterflies in my stomach begin to do somersaults in anticipation, making me feel as though my body is on fire.

I turn to him as I reach my door, and without warning he kisses me passionately. My hands are instantly in his hair while he presses me against him. I feel the length of him against me, and this time I'm more than ready to respond to him.

An elderly couple walk past, and tut audibly. The noise makes us both stop. We look at each other, and giggle like naughty teenagers.

Once I have stopped laughing, I reach into my clutch bag to grab my room key. Then unexpectedly he kisses my forehead.

"Goodnight, Lizzie." He whispers, and then he is gone.

I don't even have time to reply before his door gently closes. This feels like a repeat of Paris.

I walk into my room feeling bewildered, hurt and aroused in equal measure – what the hell has just happened?

I pace the room out of frustration in the darkness. This is so ridiculous, I'm ready for us to be together - I need him now. I suddenly feel enraged that apparently he's the one to decide when I'm ready. How dare he!

I open the minibar and pour myself a neat vodka. I drink it while I continue to pace the room. It's now or never, I tell myself. I'm going to knock on his door and tell him that he has won his stupid little game and that I need him now... I can't wait any longer.

I compose myself in the mirror, reapply my lipstick, and take a few deep breaths. I grab the handle swiftly, and pull the door open.

When I look up Daniel is staring at me wide eyed in the process of knocking my door. Our eyes meet, and I can see the lust which is in my own gaze mirrored back at me.

"I give in, you win." He says quietly, and I step back so he can enter the room, not caring about our little game anymore. He instantly takes me into his arms, and kicks the door closed behind him.

He presses me against the wall, kissing me deeply. This time immediately feels different as his hands glide up and down my arms, leaving goosebumps in their wake. His hands then creep into my hair, holding me in place while he deepens the kiss. I suck his bottom lip and he groans into my open mouth. His tongue is hard and fast, releasing all the weeks of tension.

I meet his passion willingly. I start to unbutton his shirt, but he grips both of my wrists gently, restraining me.

"Are you sure?" He asks nervously with his eyes full of sincerity.

I nod, and attempt to kiss him. But he pulls back from me, needing me to say the words out loud. "Yes." I whisper. Daniel lets out a shaky breath in response. I slowly continue to undo his shirt. I've never felt so sure of anything in my life. The shirt falls idly to the floor somewhere behind him, and I cannot help but take in his striking form.

In only the glow of the moonlight he kisses down the side of my neck excruciatingly slowly, and then grazes his teeth over my collarbone. I gently meander my fingertips over his toned back while a moan escapes my lips.

My insides shiver as his hands rise from my waist to brush the sides of my breasts. I bend to kiss and lick his chest and stomach, feeling him tense and flinch beneath my lips. He grips my arms, guiding me to stand up.

Daniel then turns me slowly so that he can undo the zip at the back of my dress. He takes the zip in his hands, but tenderly bites the soft flesh between my neck and shoulder. The sensation causes me to gasp loudly. The feeling sends a path of heat between my legs.