Chapter 27

The sun is already beaming through my window when I wake and I have a pounding headache from the devil that is wine. Damn you Charlie I think to myself as I grab some paracetamol and water and lie on the sofa watching some rubbish reality TV. Once I feel a little more human I grab my phone and beam when I see a message from Daniel.

Morning beautiful. Hope the end of your night was good, but not too much fun. Sorry I didn't hear you last night, but I was out like a light. Today is the last day of filming, so will see you later. Can't wait to spend some time with you. X

The message was sent at 5.05am, nearly four hours ago. It hits me worse than my hangover just how much I miss him and that I can't wait to spend some time with him.

Hurry back, missing you. Xxx

I spend the day alone by the pool. Later in the afternoon I lie in the blissful sunshine with my music on, a book in one hand and a cocktail in the other – I'm in heaven. Suddenly my bed goes into complete shade and I look up from reading to ask whoever it is to move. Then I see Daniel's silhouette standing over me in a bottle green t-shirt and black and white stripy swim shorts. My heart instantly swells at the unexpected sight of him. I pull my earphones out and grin at him.

"I missed you too much to stay away, so I finished early." He leans down and kisses me deeply before lying down next to me. He takes the daiquiri out of my hand to drink it himself.

"That's fighting talk." I joke as I try to snatch it back, but Daniel pulls it away quickly and in one swift movement he repositions me to lie on top of him. His tongue invades my mouth and for a moment I forget that we are in public. I reluctantly pull away from him and lie back down next to him. He idly strokes my arms and I quiver in response.

We spend the rest of the day relaxed around the pool, drinking and chatting. I can tell that he is building up to something and I wait patiently for him to say whatever it is.

"I'm sorry for being a dick last night."  I raise my eyebrows, a little smile creeping onto my face but I don't say anything. "I hate the thought of you being with him, it makes me crazy. I know I was out of order to behave like that. Sorry." Laughter erupts from me, which surprises him. "What's funny?"

"Daniel Weston, the famous movie star ... is jealous. Look, Charlie is just my friend, nothing has ever happened between us, nothing every will ... so you really have nothing to worry about. I, on the other hand only have the rest of the world to contend with." Daniel looks seriously at me and removes his sunglasses.

"Still don't get what's funny, look at you ...every guy you meet wants to be with you, but you're just too self-conscious to realise."

"You think I'm self-conscious?" It's strange hearing that from anyone other than Caroline or Sarah because they are the only ones who have ever called me on it.

"Yeah." He shrugs. "It's one of those things I love about you. You really have no idea how beautiful you are. Most of the women I meet who are attractive know it and use it to their advantage all the time and that makes them ugly on the inside."

"Nice save hot shot." We smile at each other, relieved that all the drama is forgotten.

"Changing the subject while I'm ahead, Oscar has asked if we would like to join him and Harriet tonight. She really likes you. I said it sounded good, but I'd check with you. What you think?"

"Sounds great, I really like her too."

We have a wonderful dinner with Oscar and Harriet. I'm so much more relaxed in their company now. At the end of the meal Harriet suggests that we go onto a club. Daniel is the only one who is reluctant, but he gets out-voted. I thought I was a little overdressed for dinner in a short backless black dress, but now as I look round the people dancing in here, I fit right in.