Chapter 52-The Trial

Sam opens up the bunker's door and carefully lays Dave on the bed. Paula tends to Dave's wounds while other campers are trying to comfort the little ones.

"Dang it, Dave. We need you right now."

Sam looks around and goes back upstairs before closing the bunker's door. He looks at the gates and sees the faces of many demons waiting to get in. He goes into the weapons' cabin and pulls out a metal club.

"Let's do this."

✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡

Beeba cracks his jaw and snarls.

"That is unacceptable."

Beeba roars and begins his metamorphosis. Four wings sprout from his back, a translucent and slimy body appears from the inside, and two large compound eyes focusing on everything.

"I am complete."

Beeba looks at the gates and with one swipe of his purple blade, the gates are thrown wide open and the demons race inside the camp. The descendants charge and Beeba grins as the war begins.

✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡

Jon sends a blade into a demon's gut and watches as it dissipates. An Arekmon charges towards several campers but they shoot it down with arrows. The descendants of Esau quickly unlock their traps and several demons are quickly destroyed. The descendants of Samson create a path of destruction while other campers sliced the leftovers of the demons. 

Jon sees several campers go down as the demons change tactics. A fireball hurtles through the air and hits a cabin. Several more light up the place as Deb cries out with frustration. Joshua commands the archers to shoot down the fire throwing demons.

"Don't retreat! Keep fighting," shouts Joshua.

"Destroy everything. Don't let anything escape," shouts the demon general.

Jon ducks as a hellhound leaps over him and clamp its jaws over someone's arm. Jon stabs its belly and slices off the head. The camper pours holy water over her arm and thanks Jon before pulling out a sword and charging with him. A fireball smashes in front of them.

Jon flies back and hits the ground hard. He slowly gets up, feeling the aftermath of the blast. He looks around for the girl but all he sees is a burnt arm. Jon slams his fist on the ground and uses the sword to support him. He looks around and watches as the demons are getting the upper hand. Dakota sends a spear into an Arekmon's gut and it screams as it tries to claw at Dakota's face.

Jon goes to help but a demon with spikes all over its body lunges towards him. "This will be easy-peasy," says the demon.

Jon rolls away from Spiky and looks for weak points. He ducks as another fireball crashes into a cabin, the wood peeling back because of the intense heat. Several campers went to go get water.

Spiky rams into a cabin but Jon safely moves away. Spiky shakes off the debris and is suddenly dissipated. "No one may enter the cabins without the Descendant's permission. Including you, demon."

Jon turns his head and sees Angelica racing towards the entrance to the bunker. She burns a hole and gets inside. Just then a hellhound slams its face into the bunker, heat radiating from its body. Jon races towards it and throws his knife. It hits its back and the hound turns around to look angrily into Jon's eyes. The hellhound leaps and Jon lunges his sword at it.

✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡

Angelica looks at Dave who can barely say anything. She kneels beside him and says, "Oh Dave. This is my fault. I'm sorry for all the mean things that I've said to you. But I'm going to set things right."