Chapter 2-Yeah right

"Hello class," says the teacher. "Today we will have lab partners for the lab. Please choose your lab partner now."

Dave watches as Sheba strolls towards him, looking like she has all the time in the world. "Hey handsome, looks like you don't have a partner?"

"I don't need one."

"But she just said to get one."

"Well maybe I need another one."

Sheba quickly grabs his shoulders. " I don't think so Descendant of David."

Dave steps back. "What the heck?"

Sheba looks away. "I-it's nothing. Forget about it."

Dave yells, "How am I supposed to forget about when you just said a moment ago?!"

All of a sudden a voice came behind Dave.

"Hey punk move aside."

Dave turns around to see a big muscular boy glaring at him.

"May I help you?"

"Yeah you can. You can step aside. Like this."

The boy shoves Dave away and grabs Sheba's waist.

"You want to become chemistry partners?"

"Uh, no thanks.

Sheba turns away, but the boy grabs her hand. "I don't take no as an answer."

Sheba looks at him and then sighs. Sheba suddenly smiles and says, "Ok."

She blows him a kiss. Dave felt hurt, for a moment. Suddenly the boy screams and clutches his eye. He runs out the class and towards the bathroom. Dave looks at Sheba with confusion. "H-How did you do that?"

"Magic I guess," says Sheba smiling.

"Cut the crap out, you did something to him, what was it?"

Sheba sighs and pecks him on the cheek. "Boys. Always have to know something."

Dave shakes his head and continues the lab. After class Dave walks up to Sheba and said, "Hey, thanks for what you did earlier."

Sheba turns around and said, "You're welcome? Will I meet you in the library?"

"I guess," says Dave. They depart and Dave goes to his second and third period class. He asks his teacher to go to the library. He sees Sheba walking towards him.

"Hey giant-slayer."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

Sheba just gives Dave a hug and they both walk to the library. They sit on the sofas and start to talk.

"So what is your whole name?"

"My mother's ancestor name is Bathsheba and that's where you get Sheba."

"Ok, so what do you for your spare time," says Dave.

"I kill monsters, recruit kids, go on quests, and unlock the greatest treasures and mysteries."

Sheba hears Dave sniffling and then laughing. "I'm serious. Jon and Sam are in this too."

"Yeah and what I do in my spare time is battle monsters from outer space and rescues damsels in distress."

Sheba rolls her eyes and sticks her bottom lip out. "Don't mock me Dave."

But Dave doesn't listen. Dave cools down and says, "Well I would love to hear more of this *sniffle* story but I have to go back to class."

"You just got here," exclaims Sheba throwing her arms up.

"Exactly."

Dave turns around and walks back to class. Sheba huffs in anger and stomps back to class. If only I can make him believe.