Chapter 24-Angel Problems

"Pay attention Dave!"

He turns around only to be slammed into the ground by one of the dummies. "You're still rubbish. You don't have the flow yet. Again," replies Angelica shaking her head.

The lions watch on the bunk as Dave's training room begins once again. Dave focuses his mind on the bowls filled with rocks on both sides. Several rocks start moving and rising up into the air. Angelica nods her head and presses a button. A dummy rises up and starts moving side-to-side. Dave looks at him and begins attacking. Rocks whiz past the dummy as it moves even quicker. Dave roars in frustration and pulls out his sword, rocks falling onto the ground, and charges.

Angelica throws up her hands and stops the lesson. "What's the point of having the power of rocks but you can't use it? Pathetic. Back to the hologram chamber."

Dave moans and drops his sword. "This is too much from me. I need to fight real people."

"Well Beezy ain't a real human. You need to be learning how to fight demons. Learn their weak points. After holograms, back to the books."

Dave slumps and slowly walks to another room. The lions land on the floor and Alpha says, "Are you really trying to kill him?"

"He's not ready. I need to train him until he's ready to fight Beezy."

"But you're putting too much on him. He needs to be out there with his humans."

Angelica sighs and settles down next to them. "What you suggest I do?"

Angelica looks at the golden lion and sighs. She nods her head but lets Dave finish off his training. After the training, Dave walks into the main room and sees Angelica sitting by the window.

"It's lovely isn't it," says Angelica without looking at him.

"What is?"

"This earth. I mean. . .what it was supposed to be like. Why did you people have to go and mess it up?"

With that she gets up and flies towards him. "I've been thinking about my decisions. I have been too hard on you and I need you to experience the power of a demon prince. I apologize if you don't feel like training anymore with me."

Dave looks at her with surprise in his face and looks down. "I guess you have been too hard on me but I need training to avenge my parents right?"

Angelica lets out a small smile before sitting on his shoulder. "I guess you're ready then, Descendant of David."

"Not yet. There are some things that I still need working on Angelica. Will you come with me outside to help fix those mistakes?"

"I would gladly do so," replies Angelica.

Dave walks out with her outside and sees Paula running towards him. "Dave, I need you to come with me."

"Why, what's wrong?"

"It's Sheba. It's really urgent and we need you now."

Dave starts running with Paula as Angelica flies beside him. They run into the lodge and sees several campers including Jon, Sam, and Sheba. They all look at him as he enters the door. Sheba walks up to him and says, "I need to talk to you. I had a dream about the demon. The whole sky was a dark purple and everybody became infected. It was terrible. His mouth was a vortex sucking the camp into oblivion."

She stops and points at the girl. "And she told us that it has begun."

"What has begun," asks Dave.

"Annihilation of the human race."

Angelica interrupts them by saying, "You just figured that out? Beezy has been waiting for your arrival Dave. He wants you Dave and will stop at nothing to get you."

"Then why hasn't he done that? He had the chance."

"Because it's all a game to him. He's playing with you until the time is right."

Deborah and Joshua whisper to each other and Dave waits for the answer. "We don't know how many people have been infected but we need to be cautious. In order to stop this madness from ever destroying the Earth we need a team of elites to find him."

Dave sees several campers step back.

"You don't have to join. I have already picked out the team. Jon, Sam, and Sheba will locate the demon's lair and report back. Until then no one is allowed outside."

"What about Dave,"asks Angelica.

"We can't put the prophecy child at risk," says Joshua.

"But what's the point of him being the child if he can't help?"

Deborah nods her head but Joshua waves away the question. "It's official."

"Not it's not Joshua. You know his potential, he can help."

"Yes Joshua. Just give me a chance and I'll—"

"No! You've already proven yourself and killed someone out of pure anger. I can't have that in this team."

Dave stops talking and Angelica lights up again. "I'll have you know that I'm a power angel! Ready to defend justice at all cost!"

"But you're no help to us Angelica. You're small for crying out loud."

Balls of fire surround her as she roars, "Why I never heard a thing like that coming from a puny human!"

Joshua picks her up from her wings and opens the door. "Don't . You. Dare," replies Angelica as he throws her out the door.

"I have bigger problems than dealing with annoying angels."

With that Joshua says, "That's all you need to know Dave. Go back to your cabin now and wait for further instructions."

Dave slumps his shoulders but exits the lodge. "Let's go Angelica. We're not needed."

Angelica dusts off her armor and glares at them as they leave.

"I had it back there," replies Angelica as she pulls out dirt from her hair.

"I know you did," says Dave rolling his eyes.

"You know what this calls for? More training, to prove that you have what it takes."

"For once in your life, you're right," says Dave.

"Exactly as a matter of fact—wait a minute—what do you mean for once in my life?!"

Dave shakes his head as he opens his cabin door and walks inside, Angelica yelling his ear out.