Chapter 15-Beza

The next morning everything is peaceful and quiet. Dave sleeps soundly as the door slowly creaks open. A figure steps inside the room and quietly steps towards the bunk. The floor softly creaks with each step. Dave slumbers and rolls towards the side of the bunk. The figure stops at Dave's bunk and grabs something from her bag. She pulls it out and raises it to her lips. With a loud shout Deborah yells, "Good morning you sorry kids of Descendants!"

Dave screams as he falls out of the bunk and hits the floor. The rest of the novices bump their heads and moan as they cover their ears. Deborah smiles and walks back to the door, opening it wide open showing the sun rising up into the sky. Dave groans as he covers his face. "I expect that all of you will get ready and be at the training ground by 7:00."

Deborah looks at her watch and smiles. "You have 15 minutes. Don't be late."

With that she walks out the cabin and into the dew grass. Dave groggily gets up from the floor, feels a bump on his forehead, and walks to the bathroom. But there is already a line. Dave moans and waits for several minutes as people quickly get their clothes on. As he goes into the bathroom he unzips his pants and sighs. This is going to a long day, thought Dave for a split second before remembering the death of his parents. He clenches his fists and washes his hands.

Dave walks out and bumps into a slightly taller female. She gruff and replies with a : "Watch where you're going!"

Dave looks at her and shakes his head. He grabs his bag and stuffs several shirts and his wooden sword into the bag. He walks outside and see campers slowly moving around. He slowly but surely makes it to the training ground. Deborah sees them coming and grins. "One minute after 7. I'll let you of. . .this time."

Dave fake smiles and watches as Deborah starts the training. "First we'll stretch and then we get ready for cardio activities. After that you'll be with Joshua who will teach you about fighting. Then after that you'll break up into groups for the different activities that we'll provide for you. After that go to the mess hall. You'll wait for further instructions there. Do you all understand?"

Everyone is silent. Deborah smiles and says, "Oh that's how it's going to be? Everyone give me 10 laps around the camp now!"

Dave starts running with the others. Some novices cuss under their breath as they run past the novices' cabin. Dave sees Sheba walking with some friends of her. Sheba makes eye contact with Dave and waves. Dave waves back as Sheba continues walking. The other campers are laughing and whooping at the novices. Dave looks away as the campers made jokes about them. One of the novices says, "Don't listen to them. They already did this. Doesn't matter at all to me."

Dave looks at the camper who said that. He is slightly built with a great running stride. His hair is black, slightly shorter than Dave's, and his face could attract every girl here. Dave smirks but keeps running. The boy looks at him and says, "Hey I'm Beza by the way, you know a Descendant of Bezalel."

Dave continues to run. "You're the descendant of David right? That's a big honor to be one huh?"

Dave rolls his eyes and feels a tap. "Hey kid? Are you deaf? What's your name anyway."

"Dave."

"It's cool how our names are close to our ancestor. Beza ain't a popular name you know."

Dave grits his teeth and says, "How are you doing this without panting for breath?"

Beza grins and says, "You get better with it when you're running from the forces out there."

Dave almost stops running and says, "I guess you're parents are gone too huh?"