Chapter Nineteen

Hello amazing balls of fluff!!!! Enjoy my new chapter :D I just got back today and I am all unpacked and settled!!! And very tired hahah it was an eight hour drive -_-

This chapter is dedicated to Broken88 because she is awesome and continues to support my book! Thanks so much :D

~Chapter Nineteen~

So maybe we didn't think this all the way through.

"What do you mean you don't know where we are," Adara exploded at me as Eileen stood to the side looking shaken.

"I meant exactly what I said! I thought you guys knew how to work that portal thing! I didn't know you would just strand us in the middle of bumfuck nowhere!" My eyes were narrowed slits as Adara and I lashed out at each other.

Adara's nostrils flared in anger. "I told you I didn't fully understand how to use the Doorway. You on the other hand said that you knew the human realm," she pointed at me accusingly.

"I do but not this fucking barren ice land," I screeched. It was sad but true. When we fell out of the portal, we landed on our rears in a pile of snow surrounded by trees. We were obviously in the woods but I had no way of telling where the closest civilization was nor if we were even on the right continent.

"I knew this was a bad idea." Adara dropped to a squat and placed her head in her hands. "I should have never agreed to this," she shook her head.

I felt slightly guilty. I had influenced her into this. But this was what I wanted to do. This is what we all needed. Not to get frost bite and freeze, but an escape. We all need this break.

"I'm opening the link to Darius."

I glared at Adara harshly. "No you aren't. A lesson needs to be learnt here and if you go and apologize this will all be for nothing!"

"Then what do you suggest," she questioned sardonically. "To sit here and just freeze to death," she gave a humorless smirk.

My temper flared but Eileen interrupted our stare off. "What we need to do is stop arguing and find some actual people," she snapped. Adara and I both silenced at her tone in shock but both nodded slowly. "Now which way do we go?"

The question was directed at me but I honestly had no idea where to go. I never considered these complications. I assumed that when Adara said she could get us here that she meant my old home. Obviously I was wrong and very foolish for assuming that.

"Let's just find a road," I muttered as I began walking straight forward.

"Do you even know where we are going?" Adara was up and now trailing after Eileen and I. I felt like Adara already knew the answer and so I kept my mouth shut. "Sera, this is dangerous. We could die out here. You obviously don't know this land as well as you thought you did and we know it even less."

"We walk towards the setting sun," I supplied as if I knew what I was talking about. "We'll come across something by then." Adara backed off after that and continued on silently as did Eileen.

I felt terrible for lying about this, but I didn't want to go back. If we went back now, who knows what the consequences would be. If Aleksandr hadn't wanted to beat me before, he surly would want to now.

So we proceeded in the same direction, or what we thought was the same direction. Everything looked the same with snow covered trees. It didn't help that it was getting darker and the air even cooler. It wasn't the temperature I was worried about though. For the cold, I merely used my fire elemental to keep us warm and it worked well. Soon our light would be gone and we wouldn't have the sun to go by anymore. It didn't help that I was running on zero fuel. Adara had been right when she said I needed to finish my meals. Now I have no energy and feel lightheaded. Of course I didn't say anything though.