Chapter Thirty-eight

A/N~ This is late by a long shot but I wanted this out for christmas! Hope you guys enjoy and forgive me for my long hiatus :)

Chapter Thirty-eight-

~Sera~

I had lost track of how long I stayed in that cell. What had probably only been a day or two felt like an eternity. There were no barred windows in my cell making it impossible for me to tell when each day ended. I doubted a window would've even helped considering they were most likely keeping me underground.

I winced as I felt my stomach rumble for the thousandth time. As it was, I had yet to eat anything. Not even a measly scrap of bread had been tossed my way or a cup of putrid, smelling water. They didn't give me anything. I had already threw up once and my head was pounding so hard that I just wanted to lay and close my eyes. The only good thing that could come of them starving me as I saw it, was that without any fluids I wouldn't have to use the horrid pail.

As usual I went back to my thoughts. The only thing that I could really do at a moment like this.

How long did they plan to keep me down here? Why hadn't they killed me yet? I was a Dark Prince's mate, surely they would kill me for that alone.

Even with that possibility, when the sound of footsteps heading my way caught my attention I didn't even move from where I lay, eyes shut soundly. Someone clearing their throat could be heard but I didn't care nor did I open my eyes. They tried once more to gain my attention before I heard a growl and the door to my cell creaking open.

Opening my eyes for the first time, I glared at the two guards that stood before me menacingly. They didn't waver though and were both sneering at me in distaste.

"Get up."

That command did not sit well with me. Who did thy think they were talking to? Better yet, why did they think I would even listen, is the real question.

Instead of complying, my eyes narrowed even more before they turned mirthful. Eyes sliding shut easily and a smirk on my face I said, "Maybe if you say 'please'."

I sucked in a breath as I was suddenly yanked to my feet by the firm grasp on my forearm. The hold was bruising and though I knew it was dumb to do so, I attempted to scorch whoever dared to touch me.

"Hold your arms out in front if you."

Instead of laughing in this ässhole's face like I wanted to, I settled for smiling tauntingly. "What's the magic word?" I said in a sing-song voice. My condescending tone sounded like I was talking to a toddler or a puppy.

"I am not in the mood for your games, girl," the guard hissed before nodding to the other one behind him. He then moved to grip my arms out so that jerkwad here could place shackles on my wrists.

Still though, I wore that smirk that was probably more than a little infuriating to them. It was the complete opposite of how I was feeling, I knew it pissed him off and that was bonus enough in my opinion to keep going. I was happy to make this as difficult and annoying as possible for these two.

"Ooo, I see what you're really into," I pursed my lips. "Cages, handcuffs- No normal games for you. You are definitely more than a Chutes and Ladders type of guy." I leaned forward with mock seductiveness. "What's next? You wanna' whip me into submission? Take me over your knee? I'm all yours Mr. Grey," I pouted. Truthfully, I wasn't even thinking before I spoke letting even the most childish insult flow out. Whatever got under this guy's skin was enough for me.

Not surprisingly, I made the douche even angrier and he ensnared my hair tightly. I giggled and cooed at him. "Oh, I'm liking this little turn in our game."