Chapter Thirty-seven

A/N~ Thanks for all the people that read, voted, or comment on the last chapter. Greatly appreciated. Like I said last chapter the first part of this chapter will be in third person as well. Hope you guys enjoy :D

~TO ANY READERS OF WAITING FOR BETTER PLEASE READ: I have not given up on this book nor will I. I don't have writers block and I know exactly how the story will play out. With that said, there won't be any updates any time soon for this book. My main priority right now is this one and until I am done or at least on the last few chapters of this book, I won't touch Waiting for Better. I found that it was hard for me to do both books at the same time and sometimes I'd pay more attention to the other. And if I just work on one at a time, I can solely focus on that work and stay in the right mind for it. It was just hard for me to bounce back and forth between the two. I think chapters will get out faster this way.

I hope this doesn't aggravate or make me lose readers but it's something I think I should do. Not that I'm sick of writing for this book but getting Darkness Enthralled completed is something that I've really been wanting to do. I've had so many deadlines I'd put up for myself and I'm not even close to finishing this. Honestly I think I've just hit the half way point.

Long spiel said and done, enjoy :)

Chapter Thirty-seven-

As they had expected, guards had swarmed them the moment they stepped foot in the palace. Darius was at the head of the group and swiftly demanded that they be taken into custody, all but Cressida of course.

"This is your fault," Gemma hissed threateningly at Eileen. "Now we will all be killed." Her eyes flashed with malice but Eileen paid her no mind. She had already predicted this outcome and promised herself she would not allow them to be captured.

When the guards moved to apprehend the mixed Creatures, Eileen knocked them back with a mere gust of wind. Turning back, she simply gave them the go ahead to flee but made no move to follow. It didn't take them long to understand what she wanted. That she wasn't going with them and that she wanted to stay.

In the blink of an eye they were gone, probably somewhere nearby honestly. It took quite a bit of energy for Madoc to bounce around like that. They would have to recuperate somewhere.

Cressida was picking herself up off the floor while eyeing her King cautiously. Darius was different, in every sense of the word, and frighteningly so. She hadn't really took notice of it being used to his already calm and relaxed disposition. It was clear to her now though that it was more along the lines of dark and brooding.

It was obvious in the haunted look in his eyes and the way his skin appeared paler. It was noticeable in the way his hair fell limply on his forehead and the amount of scruff across his cheeks. But it was blindingly obvious in the way he carried himself, his stature.

When Eileen had made to impair every Creature to allow Eaton's escape, she did not succeed in moving Darius. He stood tall and didn't even stumble from the attack as he remained glaring at Eileen. It confused Cressida as to why he didn't attempt to stop Eaton himself until she realized that the other Creatures had not been his target. His sole attention was on Eileen and definitely not in a good way. It made Cressida extremely wary as she made her way to the Vampire King's side.

In an attempt to disperse some of the tension, she made to gain his attention. "My King, I bring-" Cressida immediately silenced herself when Darius held up a hand. He wanted quiet and she didn't dare challenge him.

Eileen stood before them, nervously ringing her hands in front of her. She didn't miss the newly added title to her old friend's name nor did she miss the bloodthirsty eyes that flared for her blood. When she could take his intimidating stare no longer she said, "We must get that to the Prince. I was able to retrieve it-"