Chapter Thirty-one

A/N~ Enjoy :D I really felt like they deserved some fluff after all of the upset that's been going on so I hope ya'll like it :) the end may be a bit more upsetting so sorry :( I know I had left this without an update for like fifteen days so tried extra hard to get this out for you guys!! I hope you had an awesome Valentine's Day because I did. I don't even have a significant other but my friend and I had some fun.

Chapter Thirty-one-

~Sera~

The night I came back from the garden with Adara, I waited for Aleksandr in our bed. I was feeling guilty and I wanted his company. I was tempted to link him, asking him to come back for the night. I didn't want to seem too needy though, so I resisted. I also knew he had been pretty busy these past few days. He usually was a very busy person but with the upped security checks and all, I was seeing him less and less.

When Aleksandr finally did get back, I knew without looking at a clock that it was extremely late. He looked worn out like all he wanted was a shower and then to pass out on the bed. I deflated at that. I had been wanting to do . . . other things.

"Did they find anything?" It was the only thing I could think to ask when he returned from his shower.

"No," he shook his head tiredly. "We are currently sweeping the entire Dark grounds but I'm thinking that your first assumption was correct. If they are hiding along the border, it's not on our side."

I felt a ping of smugness go through me. I was right about something.

When Aleksandr began to climb in the bed I felt myself tense. He failed to notice apparently but I also felt my features begin to heat in a flush.

Like I said before, I had been in the mood for certain activities. Being so, I had dressed in some skimpy lingerie I found in the bottom of my dresser. Since I knew he preferred seeing me in black, I found a matching set that was adorned with miniature red bows on the hips and one at the center of the bra. It wasn't anything too big but besides that I had nothing on and I felt a bit embarrassed because he was clearly not in the mood.

Still, he had not realized my attire and I was hoping he never would. The idea of going to sleep in this itchy lace though was highly unappealing.

My body became even more stiff when his arm slung around my waist lazily. He pulled me to his chest and snuggled into my side firmly. My obvious discomfort went unnoticed by him until he started stroking my bare stomach gently. It seemed to take him a second but he finally put the pieces together.

The room had been dead silent and then he had to ask the one thing I was trying to avoid.

"Are you naked?" He froze against me.

All at once I felt the blush go from my neck straight to my cheeks. This was mortifying.

He didn't give me a chance to answer before he sat up to stare at me, baffled. I had my part of the comforter in a tight grip up to my chin. Not wanting to show him my 'sexy' outfit, I nodded my head quickly thinking it was the better alternative. I couldn't understand why I was getting embarrassed considering all that we've done, but I couldn't help it. I never really dressed up for someone and while bows weren't a lot, it was more than my usual panty set.

He tried to pull the blanket away casually but I let my hands clench around the fabric tightly. His eyes narrowed and I noticed the way they darkened ever so slightly. I didn't let that sway me and refused to release my hold on the comforter. Past all of the awkwardness I felt a bit of arousal go through me. He seemed to be getting frustrated with my refusal and it was making me feel better about the situation. It got even more appealing for me when I noticed how close he was to just forcing me to drop the blanket. I knew he was stronger than me by a whole lot. It wouldn't take much on his part and at this point I was waiting for the moment.