Chapter Twenty-One

A/N~ You people are awesome and never fail to amaze me when you comment and vote. It makes me teary eyed :*)

*If you want a dedication, just ask and I'll dedicate to you. :)

Wattpad has been seriously pissing me off lately. I'll have something typed up in my works and when I go to edit it later, what I just typed will be flipping gone.

Chapter Twenty-one

I felt like that girl in the commercials the next morning. I woke up to sunbeams streaming through the balcony and reflecting perfectly in the wide open room. Not an ounce of drowsiness plagued me and I felt . . . wonderful.

The only thing that seemed wrong was me being the only person in the bed.

At first I was beginning to think that last night had been nothing but a dream. But I felt too great for it to be my imagination.

Reaching my hand behind me where Aleksandr was supposed to be laying, I could feel how cold the sheets were. He had been gone for awhile. We are both usually late sleepers so I was definitely surprised.

Sitting up with a frown, I gazed around the room. I strained my ears to here if he was in the bathroom but I only heard silence. It was only me in the room and I was a bit upset about that fact.

I hurriedly threw some clothes on and left the room. Once again I found myself listening for any signs of life upstairs in the rooms or even downstairs. It sounded dead silent upstairs so I huffed and made my way down the winding steps.

Wandering into the kitchen, a pleased smile stretched across my face to see all kinds of breakfast foods spread across the table. Aleksandr was currently standing at the stove making more bacon if the sizzling and popping was any clue. He was only in his black boxers like he just walked out of bed and couldn't be bothered to put on some clothes.

He turned to the side to glance back at me and grinned crookedly. "I was about to wake you up for food," he said as he continued cooking.

"You should have the moment you woke up," I said as I walked towards him and wrapped my arms around his torso. "I would've helped you." I placed a quick peck on his smooth skin before resting my forehead on the center of his bare back.

I heard the click of the burner turning off before he turned to swiftly hug me close. "You looked exhausted. I couldn't wake you up," he shook his head adamantly.

"Then why did you leave?" I was nuzzling the side of his neck as I clenched my arms around him.

I felt him kiss the top of my head before saying, "I wanted you to wake up to breakfast."

"Maybe I wanted to wake up to you."

Fantastic! I haven't been awake for an hour and I'm already horny.

I felt more than heard the deep growl resounding in his chest. Aleksandr's hands slid down my frame to rest on my rear where he gave a firm squeeze. My squeal of surprise quickly turned into a moan when he ground our hips together. I pouted when he pushed me away gently though.

"Sera, you looked exhausted last night and malnourished. You need to eat."

I know he is right too though. We both are showing evidence of a distanced mating bond. Aleksandr looks better than he did last night but the dark circles are still a bit noticeable. His usually dark, tanned skin looked slightly washed-out.

I walked disappointedly to the breakfast bar and waited patiently for my food. I sort of felt bad that my mate was always cooking for me. It's not that I can't cook because I can. I had to when my 'parents' stayed out late. But it seems that Aleksandr enjoys doing it for me, like he can make sure that I'm getting a good meal if he prepares it.