Chapter Thirty-six

A/N~ Hey guys!! Hopefully the wait for this chapter wasn't too long. I'm trying to be better at getting updates done. Enjoy! :D So the first part will be in Sera's point of view but somewhere close to the middle it will go into third person. This chapter is definitely going to be shorter than the last one. The next part wouldn't go well in this chapter so I chose to separate them.

Chapter Thirty-six-

~Sera~

The steady drip of water from the ceiling was the only sound in the vicinity. At first I thought I would go mad but I realized quite quickly that the noise was easily the most bearable thing at the moment.

I was in a cell; a dungeon you could say. Stone walls and metal bars were practically the only thing in sight. Save for the bucket that was sitting in the corner. I could only assume that was to be my toilet. I refused to even look at it. I'd rather hold it and suffer through the worst bladder infection than to pee in something as demeaning as a bucket.

Oh, hëll no. Not happening.

As it was, I was resting against the far wall facing the metal bars of my cell. I could already feel the ache in my back but there really was no other option. No cot or even a pillow had been given to me.

All I really could do was sit here and wonder why the world seemed to be against me. I already tried walking through the bars or even the wall. That proved useless though when I smacked my face against the bars. When I tried to conjure up fire and that failed as well, I could only assume they had somehow managed to block me from using my own abilities.

With nothing for me to do but listen to the steady drops of water hitting the cold floor, I found myself thinking about Eileen. I tried to keep my thoughts away from that. It only served to enrage me and if I wanted to get out of here, I needed a clear head to think. When I had given up and just sat against the wall though, thinking about Eileen's betrayal seemed to be the only thing I could focus on.

I still couldn't believe she did that to me. I couldn't believe Gabriel did it either but I held her to a different standard. She is my sister after all.

Or was.

This was it. Eileen was officially dead to me. There was no going back from this. What was done was done and there would be no more chances. I was foolish enough to trust her again and this is where it landed me. Aleksandr and even Adara had warned me. I was too concerned about family.

And I was right to do so. Family didn't do this to each other. Eileen isn't family. That was clear to me now.

Thoughts immediately turned to Aleksandr when I felt my pockets for the box of Wolfsbane. And tears instantly sprang to my eyes, blurring my vision, when I couldn't find it. Aveline had made it quite clear that Wolfsbane was extremely hard to come by for even Light Creatures. And I had went and lost it.

The tears finally fell when I pictured my mate in our bed, unconscious and slowly dying. I had failed him so terribly. Even if I were to escape this cell right now, I couldn't return. I didn't have the cure and I especially didn't have time to hunt down someone else who did.

At least Adara would make him comfortable. But of course that didn't put my heart at ease. I had literally just found Aleksandr months prior to this incident. How could our time together be so short?

The clamorous sound of a heavy door opening and closing had me straightening. When I heard footfalls getting closer, I stood and brushed away any evidence of my tears.

It was Gabriel and I couldn't help but be surprised at his presence. He was alone. Not an Eileen was in sight nor was Delphenia or a guard. I regarded him coldly as he stood before my cell. I was curious as to why he was here. However if I opened my mouth to ask, I feared I'd start spewing death threats.