Chapter Seventeen

A/N~ I know this is late and I already left a post saying this but R.I.P Robin Williams :*( when I heard about what happened I just felt terrible :(

This dedication is for MelissaMcNicholl! You've been reading and keeping up with my story since the beginning so this dedication has been long over due. Thanks for sticking with me and Darkness Enthralled. :)

~Chapter Seventeen~

I woke up the next morning with a massive headache. From all of the crying last night, I wasn't even surprised. My nose was stuffed and my hair was knotted even though I took a shower. I would have to take another before I went anywhere.

A firm knock on the door had my body tensing immediately. The idea of the visitor being Aleksandr left. I would be able to sense him and I couldn't feel his presence anywhere near me.

Rising from the bed and straightening out my night clothes, I eased open the door and peeked out. I opened it fully when I realized it was Tynan.

Tynan was holding a silver tray with a plate of breakfast food on top of it. "Good morning Princess," he spoke as he gave me a sympathetic smile.

Did he know about what happened last night? "Good morning Tynan," my voice came out croaky but I tried to speak in my usual manner. "Am I to assume that is for me?" I gave him a jolly grin, the opposite of what I was feeling.

Tynan chuckled deeply and nodded. "Prince Jovian had me bring this to you."

Though I felt my heart flutter at the thought that Aleksandr still cared whether I ate or not, my anger was stronger. "I'm not really hungry right now." I felt my lips pinch together as I felt my migraine worsen.

"I was given strict orders to make sure you ate breakfast," Tynan frowned.

Rolling my eyes, I grabbed the tray from his hands. "Thank you Tynan. I do not mean to take my bad mood out on you," I whispered.

"It is fine Princess," Tynan grinned. He seemed to be happier now that I wasn't refusing the food.

After Tynan had finally left, I had found the trash bin and scraped the contents of the plate. I wasn't hungry and I wasn't going to be force-fed like a child. I knew that if I denied the meal and sent it back, Aleksandr would have delivered it to me himself. And I don't want to see him.

After taking a shower to help detangle my hair, I mostly sat around to sort through my thoughts. There were just so many things to address. I should probably start with the biggest one, my mother, Anastasia.

I knew I was mad but at first I had to figure out why. Of course I was hurt that my mother was executed but it wasn't like I actually knew her. I couldn't even really call her my mother. I was nothing but a newborn child when she died. All I could say is that they took away a better future for me, destroyed the family I never got a chance to have.

As bad as it sounds, I was more angry about Aleksandr lying to me. He had acted strange when I brought up my birth parents and now I knew why but he still lied. He told me the Light Creatures killed them. I'm sure in this world the Light Creatures cause everything.

Then after I find out this new information, the whole incident in the hallway occurred. I didn't even know where to begin on that one. Aleksandr had warned me that I was heading that way, but in my eyes, that was no excuse. In the world I was raised in, you never treated your women like that.

I had known he was furious, yet I pushed him anyway. That had definitely not been smart on my part. It just shocked me at how fast he snapped. I was expecting a growl, not fierce dominant sex.