Chapter Thirty-nine

A/N~So thankfully the wait for this chapter wasn't too too long. I've been working every single day for the past week with tomorrow being my first day off. I was able to work on this bit by bit though so please read and enjoy :) oh and happy new year!!

Chapter Thirty-nine-

"Why are we going after her?" Gemma hissed and no one could blame her. The other sister was the only one that saw sense.

Seraphina however, was the one more plausible for their cause.

Madoc glanced at his sister warningly as she addressed their leader. Eaton didn't pay the disrespect any mind though.

"Eileen is being held in the Dark Kingdom and we're going to just ignore that?!"

"We will handle that as it comes, Gemma. All will fall into place," Eaton tried to placate her.

"All will fall into place?! They could kill Eileen!"

"Her sister is Queen. Don't be foolish." Eaton frowned at the angry Creature. "The one in true danger is Seraphina. We're lucky Delphenia hasn't ended her life yet."

Madoc snarled at his sister when she said, "Let them kill her."

"You know why we can't do that."

"I will not risk my life for that Creature," Gemma spat. "We can make due with Adara and Eileen alone."

For the first time, Eaton's irises blackened. "We need all three. Now are you for this cause or not," his voice rumbled dangerously. At her silence, he calmed down. "We have no time for setbacks. Madoc, make sure you replenish enough energy. We need to get there and back."

Madoc nodded seriously but was still glaring at Gemma. In anger, she snarled and stormed from the room.

"We can not make any mistakes. We have one chance to retrieve the Princess."

When Madoc left, Eaton finally took notice of the lone Witch.

She didn't try to hide her frown. "I do not agree with this, Eaton."

"We have very little time, Aveline. And we need you in order to save either sister." Eaton stared at the Witch in confusion. "I thought you were fond of the Dark Princess."

Aveline's eyes flashed darkly. "I am but I owe Gabriel a debt. We will save Eileen in time or you will do this on your own."

"Just make sure you are rested enough for your journey. We leave at dark."

~•~

It was a day later when the group returned. Eaton had stayed behind to watch over the village, putting Madoc in charge of the rescue mission.

Eaton had been waiting impatiently for their return. At the first mention of their return he rose and followed .the guard to the healer's hut. There, he saw Aveline and Madoc standing next to a cot.

The Witch was worried and Madoc was angry.

"They were starving her," he growled.

Eaton glanced at the blonde Creature on the bed. The usual fiery Princess was now pale and thin. Her face was gaunt with her cheekbones appearing more prominent. Her golden hair was now dirtied and bland.

Seraphina did not look well nor was she conscious.

If the Prince saw her in this state, lives would be lost surely.

Aveline's healing hands held a green glow as her eyes were deep blue. She was doing her best to aide the girl but it wasn't easy.

"They were probably trying to force the change out of her. Dumb Creatures," she muttered.