Chapter Twenty-four

A/N~ Enjoy :D

This chapter is dedicated to splashmonster!!!! She's stuck with me since book one and I really appreciate it. She has two books of her own. I've only gotten a chance to read a bit of That's my girl and what I read was really good so check out her stories when you can please :)

Chapter Twenty-four

"Intangibility. What a useful trick," Cressida had told me.

It had taken me a few days to get a hang of it, but I finally mastered that power. Considering the first time I ever used it was on accident when I was desperate, I was ecstatic when I could use it at will.

It had been very helpful; more helpful than one would think. I didn't have to open doors anymore. I could literally walk right through them.

More often than not I used it to mess with Aleksandr. If he went to touch me or come close, I let him go right through me. Other times I just played harmless pranks. I had a feeling it was getting on his last nerve.

I loved the power. It blew my mind that I was capable of such things. If I can manipulate flames and atomic molecules, what else can I do? How could I get any better? Cocky I know but it was just unbelievable.

"That's it! I've had enough of it, Sera!" I felt my features burn bright red as I tried to hold in my laughter. It was futile though and I ended up on the floor next to my mate, breaking out in hysterical giggles.

I had been sitting innocently at our kitchen table and when he went to sit across from me, he fell through the chair. All I needed to do was touch the chair and it was as if it became air.

Aleksandr was not happy about it, not one bit. I'd make it up to him though.

"I'm just having a little fun, Aleksandr," I pouted. "You don't want me to be happy?"

"If it's at my expense then no," he growled as he pulled himself up to his feet.

Rolling my eyes, I joined him. "Stop being a baby," I stuck my tongue out. Aleksandr glared at me but I merely looked away.

"Hey Aleksandr," I started off innocently.

"No." His response was immediate and flat.

"You don't even know what I'm about to ask," I whined. When he didn't say anything else I figured it was okay to continue.

"So I've been here for awhile," I started and already my mate's eyes were narrowing in distaste. "I'm feeling kind of homesick and I was wondering-"

"No." Aleksandr was full on glaring with a frown on his features. The way he said that one word was as if he thought it was the stupidest request ever.

I scowled. "I miss my best friend, Aleksandr. I just want to visit with her for a day."

"It's not safe. No," he shook his head.

"Please," I begged with my hands out together in front of me. "I haven't seen her since you conked me out and dragged my ass here!"

"It's a waste of time, Sera. You may as well forget about your friend."

My teeth clenched together. "Ashleigh is not a waste of time. She's like a sister to me," I snapped. "She was the only one that could help me deal with my parents."

"That's not what I meant," he sighed. "What is Ashleigh? What are you?" It dawned on me after that and I looked at my feet solemnly. "She's only Human, Sera. Her life will be over in the blink of an eye."

"I know she means a lot to you but it'd be best to get yourself used to this. When she's on her deathbed, aged and withered, you'll appear as you do now."