Chapter Thirty-five

A/N~ What's up guys?!?!?! Been a bit since I last updated so here's the new chapter!!! Don't kill me for the long wait. :( this book will get done! Can't promise when, but it will. With that said, please enjoy :D don't mind my weirdness to the side. found a funny pic and wanted to share hahahah :*)

Chapter Thirty-five-

~Sera~

Opening my eyes, the first thing I saw was a familiar looking bark, interior. Not remembering falling asleep, I blinked slowly as I continued to lie on my back. Sitting up, I leant back on my arms as I gazed around the room. It was all familiar to me in some way. The entire design looked like that of the village Eaton had taken me to. But why would I be there? I don't remember coming back.

My eyes snapped to the entrance of the tree hut when I heard yelling. There was clearly some dispute going on outside and the loud arguing could be heard from the cot I sat on. I frowned as I caught part of the argument.

"Let me in to see her." I recognized the voice but whether it was because of me just waking up, I couldn't place a name.

"No," That voice was hard and firm. Immediately I knew that to be Cressida. "You are not to be anywhere near her." Her cold tone I was quickly becoming accustomed to and I pitied whoever she directed it to.

"Do not speak to me as if I am below you. You are in my territory so do not forget your place." A growl could be heard and I was about to rise and break up the argument when someone shoved through the vines covering the door.

I almost fell over at the sight of Eileen. A rush of happiness flushed through me at seeing my sister. She seemed to stand taller, her features brighter. Her pale, blue irises had a strength that shone behind them and I could see that Eileen was better than ever.

Of course that didn't stop the red, hot anger from coursing through my veins. Nothing could make me forget what my sister and her mate did. Nothing could take away the hurt and furor from their deception. So when she rushed forward to hug me, I immediately stood and distanced ourselves. I looked at her with betrayal written all over my features as my fists clenched at their sides. How dare she try to touch me? After what she and Gabriel did to Aleksandr. After what they did to Isa.

Eileen appeared confused at first before she sighed and settled me with a sad frown. Her hands that had rose to touch me fell limply at her sides as her eyes held deep sorrow. Her eyes had seemed to water, or maybe that was something I miss saw. I watched her swallow deeply before she said, "How are you feeling?"

I didn't answer her as I continued to stare at her in contempt. She didn't deserve a response.

"You shouldn't put too much strain on your leg." As she glanced briefly at my leg, I shifted uncomfortably as I became aware of the dull ache. "Even our best healer had trouble fixing that break. It was a nasty one." She seemed to be attempting conversation but I wasn't budging or breaking my silence

"I told you, traitor. She does not want you here." I gasped at the sight of Cressida. She was healed and walking into the room easily. Quickly I made my way to her side. She was the only Creature I trusted in this blasted village. "Don't worry Sera, we will be leaving at night fall." As she said this she held Eileen's gaze and both stared off in hate.

"What? So you guys can get killed," Eileen mocked. "You won't last the night; even less with an injury like that holding you back," she nodded at my leg that had slightly risen off the ground. I was favoring my other leg, not wanting to put anymore weight on my hurt limb than I had to.

"And who's to say we won't be harmed here? You've made it clear that you are not above harming your own family."

"Anything I have done has not touched Adara or Sera," she held her chin up arrogantly.