Chapter Forty-five

A/N~ So let me just say, I am very sorry for the long wait. It's been more than a year since my last update and I'm very sorry. I just lost inspiration for it and I didn't want to force it. I'm thankful for all the messages that came across my message board and any comments from people yelling at me to get back into it. I appreciate all of it and for those of you reading this now, I'm thankful for all that stuck around for the story.

WARNING: This is a long one :) plz forgive my year long hiatus 🙏😭

Chapter Forty-five-

Life had been difficult afterwards for her younger sisters. The adjustment from their solace of the village to the everyday threat of the wild was a really stressful transition for Elvina and Aldana. Seras didn't mind in the least. In fact, she preferred it. They were hiding where she grew up after all. The training ground her parents sent her to was her home more than anything.

Elvina and Aldana hated it. They despised the solidarity, they detested the roughness of the caretakers, and they absolutely could not stand the drill sergeant their eldest sister transformed into.

If any lesson had been learned from their last night in the village, Seras thought it was that they were embarrassingly unprepared. A village of assassins and only one of the three daughters had been trained to kill. The blonde thought it was shameful. Not to mention it terrified her what could happen if she wasn't there to watch her siblings. Not that there would ever be a time but they needed to be trained for the possibilities. They would take no more chances. Obviously her parents were fools and it had cost them their lives and their home.

Aldana still wouldn't speak much. The life had been sucked from her usually bright eyes when she had to explain that their parents were no longer living. The twelve year old girl that was almost always vibrant with life could barely get herself up in the morning. Elvina was a little better but nobody was more optimistic than her.

It pained Seras. Not her parents death or absence, but watching what it did to her family. It was tearing them apart and in turn making her even angrier.

Nothing motivated a person more than rage. She wasn't too sure if she was ever taught that or if that's what she learned on her own but it's what she was sticking with. It hadn't failed her yet.

And with that, she forced them into training. The blonde even participated herself, making then spar with her occasionally which they never did enjoy. They said there was no point when they knew they would always lose. Their complaints only earned them more laps.

Their parents weren't around anymore and that meant she was in charge. They would do things her way. And she would keep them alive.

Aldana never really put up a fight. It was like the girl was in some boundless state of depression. Until she was on the training field. Once the environment was changed from safety to danger, the immediate and abrupt switch in her was almost uncanny. The brunette must've listened to her sister. Fury would drive her in battle and she was cunning more than ever. But when she was away from the fight, she was almost lifeless. Walking around almost like she was in a coma but with her eyes wide open.

Seras didn't know how to handle that part and that's when Elvina stepped in. She already disapproved of her eldest sister's training tactics. She refused to give in to any rage she might harbor. The blonde argued that all anger would bring was sadness and leave you blinded. Seras only laughed. With anger there was no sadness. As long as she focused on that rage and anger, not a tear drop would leave her eye. The eldest blonde hadn't cried since she was nine and that wasn't about to change anytime soon.