Chapter Thirty-four

A/N~ This is the first time I wrote a new chapter on the computer. I usually only use the app on my Ipod. figured I'd give this a try though. If the format is all goofed from my usual style, I apologize now and will revert back to my usual update routine! So with all of that out of the way, on with the story! I really tried really hard to get this out as fast as I could. It may not seem like that, but I did. But I don't post chapters until I deem them ready no matter what. I don't like putting out crap and while I don't have the best writing, if I just posted the first thing that came to my mind and typed, it'd be even worse. With all of that said, please enjoy this new chapter! :D

Chapter Thirty-four-

~Sera~

Now in the safety and privacy of my hut, I had half a mind to grip the sides of my face in horror. I could not believe what I had just done and I kept playing the scenario over and over in my head.

I almost killed someone. I almost killed someone!

Forget about the safety I mentioned. They'd probably drag me out from the hut and execute me. Cressida would get trapped in the crossfire and it'd be all my fault!

I felt moisture begin to gather in the corners of my eyes. The reaction was crossed between sadness and fear. Fear for the two Pixies out there probably under medical attention, if there was any. Fear of myself. Fear at what I was capable of and how easy I lashed out at someone. I was scared of what was within me. What had just transpired just then had not been me, I was sure. But even while I was adamant about that, it had been me. It was as if someone had been controlling me, a being within in my own. And while I wanted to brush that thought off as the ludicrous statement it was, there was still that little voice in my head. Only now, it wasn't just egging me on.

They deserved it. They attacked me. They deserved it.

As the voice continued on in my head, my tears ebbed as my eyes widened with realization. Those girls had been asking for it. They deserved what they got! Slowly I began nodding to myself, actually agreeing. Nothing was wrong with I did.

I should've ended them. I should go kill them now.

Tears returning, I clutched my head even tighter as I crouched. I felt the urge to go back out there, I felt the need to punish those insolent twits. I wanted to hurt them. And that scared me.

"No!" I shook my head from side to side, to disperse the thoughts. What I did was enough. I already showed them the punishment for harming me.

"Are you out of your mind?!" I looked up as Cressida burst into our shared hut. "Did you not hear any of what I told you earlier? Now everybody knows your identity," she exploded. As fast as her anger had came though, it left once she took notice of my tears. Quietly, she made her way to my side where I sat in a ball on the makeshift mattress.

Not giving her a chance to ask I said, "I caught her on fire. Her entire body was aflame!" Cressida opened her mouth to no doubt placate me but I cut her off. "I'm terrible," I whimpered. "I almost killed them, like some monster." I uttered in a harsh whisper.

Cressida evened her gaze with my tear-filled one. "What would Jovian have done if he were here?" She continued to watch me even though I only gave her a confused expression. The way she asked was so sure but I couldn't understand why she would ask that let alone bring up my ill mate. It hurt me more than I thought it would to think about him.

"I don't see what that ha-

"What would Jovian had done if he were here?" Once again she questioned me but this time her tone was sharper as she cut me off.