Chapter Twenty-five

A/N~ Hope you guys enjoy :D

This chapter is dedicated to DeceivingAppearances! Thanks for all the love and support:) I love the messages you send me. They make me want to write and work on my books even more :)

Chapter Twenty-five~

I stared on confusedly not fully understanding the situation at first. Next to Ashleigh, whose clothes were a bit rumpled and hair knotted with tangles, stood an equally flushed and haphazardly dressed Parker Harrington.

"Uh . . . Are we interrupting something," I trailed off questioningly. They had obviously been up to something. The way their clothes and hair were set and how their eyes stared at me with embarrassment like they had just been caught.

"Not at all!" Ashleigh's voice was loud and high pitched. I had a feeling it was because she was nervous of my reaction. "Parker was actually just leaving."

Ashleigh looked over at him for confirmation but he shot his eyes to hers with narrowed slant. He obviously didn't like being kicked out.

I had interrupted something. I guess that explains why it took her fifty years to answer her front door.

Saving Parker and hopefully setting Ashleigh's nerves at ease, I smiled happily. "He doesn't need to leave just because I'm here. I haven't seen him in awhile either."

I saw here relax instantly. It was as if she had wanted my permission, my acceptance of this new relationship. Maybe she thought she was obligated because Parker use to chase me around like a lost puppy.

"Come on in then," she grinned and Parker instantly calmed down as well.

"Oh! It's you again," Ashleigh pointed out when she first realized I was not alone. Parker stared at my mate in question.

"This is Aleksandr," I nodded my head towards him. "He's my boyfriend," I supplied.

They both nodded not really caring as Ashleigh led us to the living room. "I'm really glad you stopped by. I've missed you," she hugged me too her tightly and I saw Aleksandr tense in my peripheral.

He can settle down though. She's not a threat.

"Where have you been?" Parker perked up more at this question as well.

"I uh- my parents, they wanted to move. I went with them until I turned eighteen and I moved in with Aleksandr." I didn't really plan this out. I should have expected this but I was bummed I couldn't tell her the truth.

"Are you traveling the world like you wanted to?"

"Well I have finally been to Italy," I winked.

She laughed happily. "So how did you like my parent's vacation home?"

Aleksandr tensed up again and the next moment I had his voice ringing loudly in my head. 'That was her vacation home?' I grinned at him in answer. 'She lied to me.' He had a frown on his face now.

What did he expect? She is my friend, not his. She'd be loyal to me.

"I liked it a lot, so thanks," I grinned. After that it got a bit awkward. Ashleigh had only seen Aleksandr with only talking to him once. Parker had never even heard of my mate. They obviously were at a loss of words in his presence.

'Go away,' I ordered. I wanted to face palm the moment his head snapped in my direction. Did he have to make it so obvious that we were mentally linked?

When he continued to stare at me incredulously, I elbowed him harshly in the ribs. I could feel his discomfort and anger as he came to his feet. "I gotta make a call," Aleksandr grumbled as he left the room.