Chapter Twenty-six

A/N~ Here is a new chapter and I hope you guys enjoy reading this :) this is gonna be a bit dark and the same goes for the next chapter so yeah hahaha it's not always gonna be happy

Chapter Twenty-six

"I have some news," Aleksandr sighed. It was Friday now and had been three days since I cut all ties I had with the Human world. Aleksandr had been tiptoeing near me since then, not wanting to set me off.

The first night back, I cried myself to sleep. The second, I spent in our compartments in our bed only moving to use the restroom. I remember that day well because Aleksandr had been scared to leave me alone. He feared what I might do.

It seemed he should have paid attention to what I wouldn't do instead. For when he came back, I was throwing up from not eating and running a fever.

He refused to leave today though and forced me to eat every meal. I was still sad but I wasn't feeling the pain as bad as I had been. It was slowly fading to the point I only felt a dull ache.

What helped me push the depression away was the thought of Ashleigh's happiness. She had no recollection of me whatsoever so she's not feeling anything I am. She's going to live a normal Innocent life and hopefully die from age.

Aleksandr grabbed my face gently and forced me to gaze at him. I was so lost in thought I forgot he had spoken to me.

He continued anyway though. "There will be a celebration tomorrow for King Desmond and his mate. We are celebrating the anniversary of their union."

I'd met them both once. Darius was a carbon copy of his father. They both had the same piercing irises and face shapes. Adara's mate had blond hair for the most part with dark tints which I figured were from his mother's side.

"That sounds cool." Even to me my tone sounded lifeless. It put a frown on my mate's features and I tried to brighten my tone. "Do I need to wear fancy clothes," I asked trying to sound interested.

"If by fancy you mean a gown, then yes. This is a very memorable time for not only the King and Queen, but for their Kingdom," Aleksandr spoke knowingly. "I really want you to be there with me but if you are still not well. . ." He shook his head slowly as he trailed off.

"I'm fine," I sighed in agitation. "I can go to a party. I'm just sad, not physically impaired."

"You say you are not ill but you somehow managed to starve yourself for an entire day," he growled out with narrowed eyes.

"I told you already Aleksandr; I was too lazy to get up." I shrugged my shoulders as I crossed my arms across my chest.

"I will not argue about this," he said, annoyed. "If you do not appear fit to go, then neither of us will be attending that celebration." His irises flashed dangerously when he thought I would argue back.

"Now enough of this. Go to sleep," he demanded.

My usual self would have snapped back defiantly but I merely rolled to my side on the bed and snuggled under the covers. I was exhausted. The crying really took it out of me, not to mention the headache I got from missing meals. I probably looked like crap too.

I grinned to myself when I felt the bed dip behind me before I felt hard, muscular arms cinch around me waist. Aleksandr buried his face in my neck placing a gentle kiss before relaxing into a deep sleep.

~*~

This was one hell of a party. While everyone was dressed in formal attire, the scene was ludicrous. Everyone was talking loudly and drinking heavily. I had a few myself and I was feeling the effects already.