Chapter Forty

A/N~ I hope you guys missed Aleksandr because this next chapter is gonna have a lot of him. Sera's kinda AWOL at the moment. Who knows when we'll check back in with her ;) I'm not even completely sure

Enjoy! :D

Chapter Forty-

The roar was heard all throughout the Palace. Walls shook drawing Darius and Ares' attention.

Ares looked at the Vampire in confusion. "What was that?" The Werewolf King's eyes darkened at the possibility of another attack.

His son had already been harmed and on his death bed. His mate was in shambles; sunken into herself from her grief. What more did they hope to accomplish now?

Darius was stunned at first before realization hit. Irises turning a vibrant red, he teleported without a word in response.

And a good thing he had. The scene he walked in on was enough to have his eyes thrumming with rage. Granted it wasn't the Werewolf's fault for the way his Creature took over, Darius very well could kill his friend at that moment.

Or at least try.

Aleksandr was growling with his fist clenched around Adara's neck. "Where is she?" His whole body was shaking furiously.

Adara wasn't even fearful for her life. She was worried this was too much strain for the Werewolf's already weak state. It had taken him so much to just wake up alone.

Suddenly, Aleksandr was flying into the nearest wall dropping Adara in the process. Darius had punched him, the force of the attack and the weight of the Werewolf leaving an indent in the stone.

"I'm fine. Handle him." Adara pushed her mate's prying hands away. She wasn't the main concern right now. Aleksandr was. He could level the whole palace with his anger.

Darius remained calm as he noticed the Prince stepping towards them threateningly. "Do not touch Adara again. She has helped you more than you can understand at the moment." No matter how relaxed he seemed though, there was a dangerous warning in his words.

"I can understand just fine!" he snarled. "My mate is missing and you two are tucked safely away in here."

"You need to calm down, Aleksandr. The only way you can help Sera is if you can think clearly."

The growl in his chest rumbled dangerously. "Where is she?" He didn't like that he had to ask twice already.

His Wolf was already on the brink of taking control. They both knew that something was wrong. Aleksandr could feel that something wasn't right. It was the bond that had him snapping so easily.

Not only was she not near, something was off and the only way he could describe the feeling as was . . . weird.

The connection was still there. He knew she was still alive. When he tried to talk to her through the link though, it was met with a wall.

Aleksandr had felt the bond from long distance and he knew the feeling when she was unconscious. She was neither. Sera was just simply not there. Their bond was . . . broken; bent was a better word.

"I cannot talk to you until you are fully in control."

Pupils dilating till they filled up his entire iris, Aleksandr surged forward to attack. Darius' words only served to piss him off and make him worry even more. If Darius wouldn't tell him because he was already furious, it meant that Sera's whereabouts were not good and would cause him to hurt others once he found out. He was worried what the Prince would do out of anger.