Chapter Twenty

A/N~ Enjoy! :D Please tell me what you think about this chapter. I have literally been going back and forth on this one and I kept changing things so tell me if you like the way it turned out. I was struggling with it XD

I dedicated this chapter to cleo_puff! Thanks so much for voting and commenting on this story! I really appreciate it and I love reading your comments, plus I love your little pikachu icon hahaha

I don't know if anyone cares but I'm gonna say it anyway cause that's just how I roll ;) I changed my icon!!! It goes with alyssiiamarie story!! It's called Marked and it's amazing. She's planning on publishing it I think so I don't know how long she'll keep it up. It's not complete yet with only like four chapters to go or something like that but please go check it out and give her the support she deserves :)

~Chapter Twenty~

Waking up I felt like crap. I felt tired, weak, and just bad. I had finally gotten something to eat while on the plane so it wasn't because of that. No, I knew what it was.

I missed Aleksandr. No matter how angry I wanted to stay at him, I couldn't deny the mate bond. No one is meant to be without their mate this long and I could feel myself going mad. To make matters worse, every waking second I could feel only what could be described as a pulling or tugging sensation on the back of my mind.

I had thought it was from my drowsiness but I finally realized what the cause was. It was Aleksandr trying to force himself into my thoughts, and it was constant too. It never stopped which also added on to me weakening.

We were fine in the beginning once we were settled. The three of us didn't set any date for when we would finally return but we only lasted seven days. For a week we were able to relax with nobody but the three of us. Though we each constantly missed our other halves, we were glad to be away from them for as long as they would let us.

Honestly, it was quite exciting to think that at any moment our mates could barge through the front door. The thought of being my mate's prey thrilled me in some primal way.

But as the days wore on, I realized how hard this was going to be. They hadn't found us or even shown any signs that they were near though. What was hard was being away from them. I underestimated how much I relied on just Aleksandr's company alone. As the days went by I started to see how much I truly needed him. It made me realize that I didn't want a life without him. No life was worth living without Aleksandr no matter how angry or upset he made me feel.

That became even more apparent to me after seven days of blocking him. Throughout seven days I had been the most annoyed and irritable that I have ever been.

I knew I couldn't keep him out forever but I at least hoped I could last a while! I wanted him to feel bad and see my way but as usual, I only felt like I was making things hard for myself. All I could hope for is that he was suffering as much as I was.

Seeing Adara and Eileen the next morning I knew I wasn't the only one feeling the affects of the mating bond. On the seventh day, each of us had dark circles around our eyes showing that we got close to zero sleep. Our cheeks seemed sunken in and slightly more hollow. It was obvious to me that our health had declined sharply.

Our health wasn't the only thing being affected. Our attitudes and moods altered as well.

Adara wanted to do nothing but sit and couldn't even bring herself to read. Eileen's usual bubbly self didn't even leave her bedroom. When I brought her food she barely even touched it.

I felt like a terrible sister. This was all my fault. They never wanted to leave and because I forced them into this they were suffering. I couldn't have done this without them and they knew that. So of course they helped me even though Adara tried to dissuade me multiple times.