College/University [Au] - Part 3

Calum: 

“Whoo-hoo! Go Calum!” You cheer for your boyfriend, who managed to steal the ball in the last minute of the final quarter. Your school’s entire side, including you, shoot up and cheer even louder. Cal scores the winning goal, and you and your friend jump up and down in celebration. One of the hugest games of the season and Cal won the goal, and you couldn’t be prouder of him, or happier that you decided to give him a chance those two years ago. After the team goes off to the locker room for their personal celebration, one of the second string players, who you can vaguely recognize as Paul, approaches you when you go down to the sidelines to wait for Cal. “Hey, you’re Y/N, right?” He says, casual. You nod, looking around for your friend since Cal wouldn’t be out for a bit. He wanted to shower before you two went to the after party. Your friend’s probably with her soccer boyfriend, so you decide to humor this guy and nod. “Great game, huh?” He continues. “Yeah, that last shot was fantastic.” You say pointedly. “What are you doing now?” “I have plans.” He saunters a bit closer, “Sure you do.” You take a step back and you’re saved when Calum scoops you into his arms and spins you around. “Did you see that shot, babe?!” You laugh, nodding. He sets you down and kisses you passionately, garnering cat calls from Michael and Luke. “Need something, Stafford?” Calum asks, wrapping an arm around your waist. “No-nope, Captain.” “See you at the after party.” He dismisses Paul, then turns back to you. “Jealous, much?” You tease. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.” His grip around your waist gets a bit tighter as he leads you from the field. Not that you mind.

Ashton: 

“Cuz I’m trying too hard again.” Your boyfriend’s band wraps up your favorite song with you dancing backstage in the wings. You’re having a blast, watching your boyfriend of three years doing the last concert as a college student. His band has been taking off and, when your thesis is done, you’ll be the band photographer when they go on tour. “You guys, before we continue, I have something to say.” Ash walks out from behind his drumset, taking his mic with him. “Can my amazing girlfriend come out on stage?” Your eyes go wide, and you look for a reason but only get shoved on stage by one of your favorite roadies, Parker. “What’s going on?” You ask as you get closer to him. “I want you to hear me loud and clear.” He points to the mic in a whisper, then continues normally, “Y/N, I love you. I’m pretty sure I’ve loved you since I annoyed the hell out of you in the library when we met. I want to spend the rest of my life with you.” He slowly gets down on one knee, setting the microphone down to reveal a velvet box as you gape at him. You don’t register the cheers of the boys or the screams for their fans as you nod before he can even get a word out. “Yes! Yes! Absolutely yes!” The cheers get louder as he puts the ring on your finger with a beaming smile on his face. 

Luke: 

"Luke? What are you doing here? It’s…" You look at the microwave in your tiny kitchen in your apartment, rubbing your eyes. "2 AM?" You blink, both trying to wake yourself and access the shock. "I just wanted to talk to you about something and I didn’t want to wait." He says, shifting his weight between his feet in your doorway. You gesture him in, and you both sit down at your breakfast bar. "What’s up?" "Well, with graduation coming up, I won’t be working for your professor any more, and I was wondering if we were going to be breaking up before or after graduation." He says, all business, like when he tutored you before you started dating. You don’t understand. At all. "Wait, what? Why are we breaking up?" Luke stammers, like he always does when he’s confused. "Well, I won’t be a TA anymore and that takes away the whole appeal of dating me and well-" "Luke." You sigh, half-amused half-fond. "I like you because you’re you. You’re smart and funny and kind and adorable and completely amazing. Not because you’re my TA.” You say, grabbing his hand and rubbing soothing circles on the back of his palms. “Really?” “Yes, you idiot, I lo-” You freeze, cutting yourself off. “Y/N… Do you love me?” He asks. You bite your lip, looking down at the floor, “Ah-yes. Yes, I do.” His long fingers tilt your head back up. “I love you too.” He says, quietly, pulling you in for a kiss. After a while of making out, he pulls away, “I guess we’re not breaking up then.” You laugh, “No shit.” 

Michael:

 "What do you guys want?" You sigh at Michael’s frat brothers, Calum and Ashton, who stopped you on your way to lunch. You don’t know why you bother asking, you know the answer. You broke up with Michael last week on the phone because you were getting tired of the way he kept putting his frat ahead of you, and the fact he had done that for the entire year you dated. Maybe doing it on the phone was harsh, but he was at a party again and you couldn’t deal with it anymore. "You really need to talk to him." Calum says, fiddling with the letters dangling on his neck. You’re about to fight him on this, when Ash interrupts, "He’s devastated. He’s barely eating, he won’t party, he’ll only leave his room to go to class and not even then sometimes." You bite your lip, facing a dilemma. "Just please talk to him." Cal begs. You cave, "Fine, I’ll talk. Where is he?" "We’ll take you." At Michael’s dorm, you knock loudly on the door. "Mike? We should talk." He opens the door, "Y/N?" He sniffles, breaking your heart again. "Mi-" Before you can even finish his name, he wraps you in a tight hug. "I’m so fucking sorry. I’m such an ass. I can’t believe I let you feel like you were less than my frat. I can’t believe I did that to someone I love. And I can’t even believe I almost let you go. I was justabout to head over to your dorm because I couldn’t not see you anymore. I swear, anything I can do to make you forgive me I will do.” He looks up at you, eyes rimmed red and not from alcohol this time. And, for the second time today, you cave. Because you love this idiot. “If you do anything to like this again, shit’ll go down.” You say, finally wrapping your arms around him. “Did you just swear?” Mike asks, amused. You just give him a look. “Oh right. Not the point. I swear, Y/N, never again.” He hugs you tighter.