How I Met Your Mother [AU]

(SPOILERS FOR THE SHOW)

Ashton:

(Figuring Out Baby Gender) “Yellow’s the ugliest fucking color ever.” Calum leans against the wall of your nursery. You pout, causing your husband Ash to sweep in and defend you. “Don’t be a dick, Cal.” “Yeah, we don’t know our baby’s gender so we decided to go with a neutral color.” You explain, rubbing your swollen tummy. “Why not purple?” Luke asks, wiping the paint off his face by accidentally rubbing more paint on his face. “Because that’s dark.” You explain. “Purple’s better!” Michael calls, lying down on the plastic-covered ground. “Why don’t you just find out if Irwin Junior is going to be a boy or a girl?” Cal asks. “We have names for both figured out. Anna for a girl and Fletcher for a boy.” “We don’t need to know yet.” You lie. You need to know. But Ash wanted to be surprised. “We got the envelope, but we’re not opening it.” Michael suddenly shoots up. “I GOTS TO KNOW.” He leaps from the room and disappears. “Dammit Mike get back here!” Ashton calls. He comes back holding the envelope. “You sure you don’t want to know?” Mike teases, slowly opening the envelope. “I GOTS TO KNOW.” You can’t help but shout as you rush over to the envelope. The two of you read it and then you gasp. “What’s it say, Y/N?” Ashton blurts out. “It’s a boy! We’re having a boy!” All the boys cheer for you as Ashton wraps you in a celebratory hug.

Luke:

(Haaaave you met Luke? Luke’s POV) “You’re never going to find a girlfriend if you stand around like a lamp at parties.” One of my best friends Michael Clifford tells me, wooshing in from out of nowhere to inject his opinion about my life again. “Because you know all about girls, right Mike?” I raise an eyebrow at him. “I’ve banged more chicks than you have height, Hemmings. We need to get you a woman.” “We need to get you a therapist.” Michael gets a dickish glint in his eye and suddenly turns to a girl that’s nearby. He taps her on the shoulder and says, “Haaaaaaaavveeee you met Luke?” then he pushes me to her. Thank god for my humility, she looks amused rather than angry. “I can’t say I have. Hi. I’m Y/N.”  “Well, you already know this, but I’m Luke.” She giggles a bit. “Sorry about my friend, he’s a bit of an asshole.” She sips at her drink with a smile. “Well I got to meet you out of it. So it’s not so bad.” I feel my face get hot. Y/N turns away then curses under her breath. “What’s wrong?” I ask. “I came to this party to turn down men in support of my best friend getting dumped. But in all honesty, I just really  want your number.” She says with a slight blush. “How about this…” I muse, “You give me your number. And you slap me in the face for your friend.” She puts a hand over her mouth then says, “I want to say no but that’s brilliant…” Quickly, she writes down her number discreetly on my arm, then slaps me in the face. “That sucks man.” Mikey appears out of nowhere. “No it doesn’t.” With a smirk, I show him her number.

Michael:

(Robin Sparkles) “I still can’t believe you found that fucking video.” You shake your head, refusing to sit down and pacing slightly in your living room. “I still can’t believe you were a teen porn star.” Michael, one of your closest friends, says while patting your sofa to get you to sit down. “I wasn’t a porn star! I was a Canadian pop star!” You stomp your foot. “Same difference. Now watch it with me please!” He begs, giving you a pout he knows you can’t resist. You sigh in defeat and sit down next to him. “Met you at the mall/Didn’t know how far I would fall/My friends said I was a fool (You’re a fool) (Shut up)” You sit in silence at first as Mikey laughs at how stupid and teenager-y you were, but when you realize he’s laughing with you. After about the third time watching your really shitty music video, the two of you are laughing hysterically and taking shots whenever you did something stupid, like a cut to your pet robot or when you gazed sadly into the camera. You keep it on constant repeat, and suddenly look over at Michael, who is already staring at you. The two of you have this prolonged eye contact then his eyes suddenly shift to your lips. Then he suddenly leans over and kisses you. And he keeps kissing you. And you kiss him back. And you can’t help but wonder why you didn’t do this before.

Calum:

(Meeting the bass player) You stand up from the big wedding table. “I need a drink.” You tell the bride, groom, and best man. “Ooh! Ooh! Y/N, Y/N, get me another.” The bride, your best friend who named you maiden of honor, raises her drink at you in that tipsy way of hers. “Nope.” The groom lovingly puts her hand down and wraps her hand in his then mouths at you “No more.” You nod, trying not to be envious of the love those two obviously share, then walk over to the bar and order your favorite alcoholic drink. As you lean against the bar to sit, you eye the band that’s playing, suddenly recognizing that they play really good music. Suddenly, your gaze locks onto the bassist’s. His eyes are a great dark brown and his hair is in a black quiff that looks really attractive. You’re starting on your second drink when you feel a presence appear next to you and see the bassist that you think is hot. Realizing this, you feel your cheeks flush. “Hi.” He greets. “Hi. I’m Y/N Y/L/N.” You extend your hand because you’re polite. “I’m Calum Hood. I’m in the band.” He gestures vaguely to the stage. You nod, “I know I saw you up there. You’re really good.” He gets this silly grin on his face. “Good enough to get your number?” He gives you a shy smirk. “I think so.”