He's moved on [Part 1]

Luke: 

You stare down at your plate while your friend begins to tell you about a boy she was beginning to date. You couldn’t help but have thought of Luke, you had broken up fairly recently and you were still distraught about it. You missed him so much.

As you friend continues telling her story, you look up and tune in to her, only to feel sick at the memory of when you and Luke were at the stage. You looked around the table at your three friends and began to feel sort of pathetic, they were all beautiful, sucessful girls who are all content in relationships, and then there was you.

You signalled to the waiter, and he came over shortly, and you smiled at him before asking for a glass of water. He nodded but said he has to serve a table first, so it may take longer than expected. You just shrugged.

You turned back to your friend who was still telling her story, and as she glanced at you you smiled, trying to look as if you were listening. You then looked ahead of you to follow the waiter, your eyes search for the man dressed in black before you finally find him, serving a table, with his back to you. You see him nodding before turning around he smiles at you as he walks past.

You smile back before absentmindingly looking back at the table.

And your heart dropped.

Every sound in the room was gone, tuned out. Every person, and object, and being, was blurred out.

All you could see was Luke

-and his date.

Suddenly tears brimmed in your eyes and everything around you was now moving so quickly. Your friend glanced at you before turning back and looking at you.

"Y/N?" She asked "Y/N, What’s wrong?"

You just shook your head, unable to look away from Luke, they soon catched on, and followed your gaze.

"Oh my god" Another friend says "Y/N I’m so sorry, We should leave"

You just sit there, blankly staring at the love of your life.

Ashton: 

You stare down at your phone in bewilderment, a nervous feeling errupted in your stomach as soon as your eyes left the last word of the text.

'we need to talk'

It was never good when your best friend said you needed to talk. A new message lit up the screen from her:

'im coming over now'

You responded with an ‘OK' before making your way downstairs, racking your brain for an idea as to why your best friend sounds so serious.

The knock at the door drags you from your thoughts. You get up and answer the door cautiously.

"Hi" You say, she sends you a small smile before entering the living room, you follow her in and notice she’s standing, awkwardly shifting her weight from her feet. "You can sit" You say, but she shakes her head.

Silence feels the room as knots are formed in your stomach, you felt sick as you stared at your best friend, who was biting her nails, a nervous habit of hers.

"I need to tell you something" She says, barely audible.

"Just come out and say it!" You cry, frustrated by the angst of your conversation.