Chapter 28.

Scarlett's POV

"Thank you guys so much for such an amazing night. First time ever playing in Miami, you guys have made it truly amazing!" I praised down the microphone, my mouth was spread widely due to the uncontrollable grin on my face. I was greeted with a round of cheers from the audience who had fortunately been on my side all night. Some of these crowds can be hard to win over, but not this one, they had my back from the very start. "This may have been my favourite show of the whole tour." I chuckled, taking in the breath taking sight in front of me. It may not be the biggest crowd, I have to admit the audience when I was on tour with the boys was a heck of a lot larger but this felt more intimate, extra personal and I enjoyed every second of it. I was slightly disappointed my half an hour set was over, it always went far too quickly for my liking. I could literally just live on stage performing for everyone and anyone, it felt so revitalizing. No matter how tired I was as soon as I hit the stage the adrenaline flowed through my veins. "Thank you guys again and enjoy the rest of the show!" I shouted into the microphone before jogging off the stage, my guitar still gripped tightly in my hand.

"Great show."

"Thanks Ray." I grinned at Ray, he was the guitar technician for all the performers, he was literally one of the sweetest yet hardworking guys ever and I'm about hundred per cent sure Maria has a school girl crush on him.

"Top notch, as always."

"Thanks Ria." Ria, was my nickname I had given to Maria, sometimes I called her Ri, anything short is good. After being in reaching distance of her for the past twenty days we are literally inseparable. She's like the girl best friend I never had.

"Still wanna go grab something to eat?"

"Yeah sure, can I just grab a shower?"

"Sure, I'll be in the dressing room."

"Won't be long." I chimed before finding some clean clothes and sauntering off to an empty bathroom. I slipped off all my clothing and placed some flip flops on, I don't have OCD or anything but after being in a couple venues I had learnt the floors don't get cleaned very often which gave me the shivers every time I had to walk along them. So to solve that I now wear flip flops in the showers, luckily no-one could see or else this could look extremely weird. It took a while for the shower to warm up, always does in these places. Some venues we'd play at would be top class but this was on the other end of the spectrum. I didn't even want to think about when this place was last cleaned. I can't complain though, I'm living my dream and I know some people would kill to be in my shoes, or well flip flops. I felt small, warm droplets of sweat drip down my forehead as I waited for the shower. I don't jump around on stage and dance but the lights are extremely powerful, they're like mini suns, they give off so much heat it's unbelievable. A good five minutes later the shower had finally warmed to an adequate temperature for me to stand under the jets. As expected it wasn't exactly a power shower but any sort of water is good enough. I lathered, rinsed and repeated my hair with various products so it would look representable. The great thing about being in Florida during summer is that it's hot, very hot for me, my body was in shock at first, we'd never get this heat in England, and I loved it. My hair dried very fast naturally and I could go out in shorts instead of wrapping up in several layers.

 After attempting to discover the meaning of life whilst I showered I decided it was probably time to get out before I turned into a raison. I grabbed my towel and dried myself quickly to avoid having to be in this bathroom any longer. I slipped on some black denim shorts which were beginning to fray at the bottom, a white vest top but then placed a laced long sleeve top over it and slipped my feet into my plain black converse. It was a simple look but I honestly thought it was cute. Ariel had given me many lessons on fashion over the past couple weeks, I no longer wore a band tee and skinny jeans everywhere and to be honest I loved my new clothes, they weren't over the top new, I think they suited my really well. I tied my hair in a lose braid over my shoulder, reaching down to the middle of my waist. I'm gonna have wavy hair when I wake up tomorrow, I thought. I grabbed all of my other belongings and exited the room, which was a second hand steam room since the shower was so temperamental it spent half the time being scorching hot.