Chapter 41.

Scarlett's POV

"Scarlett." He beamed from the other side of the door. I grimaced a fake smile before slamming the door straight back in his face. He's got a lot of nerve just showing up out of the blue. His smile hung on his face like a smug little-

"SCARLETT!" He shouted, pounding on the door in the process. I sighed angrily, gripping the door handle tightly, taking my built up anger out on it.

"Go away Harry!" I yelled back.

"I'm not going anywhere!"

"Harry you have no right to be here!" I shouted. I rested my head on the door, squeezing my eyes shut. I was torn right now, half of me wanted to open the door because after everything he was still supposedly my best friend, but the other half is stubborn, I can't just forgive him, he hurt me bad, it's not something I could just brush under the rug.

"Scarlett, please just open the door. I don't want to have this conversation with a piece of wood in front of us."

"Too bad, I don't want to have this conversation at all!" My palms were beginning to feel sweaty, I was frustrated to say the least. The door handle was sliding out of my grasp before I squeezed it tighter.

"I'll break the door down if you don't let me in!" He threatened as he banged against the door again, this time with a lot more force.

"Good luck with that!" I replied sarcastically.

"If you're rolling your eyes right now I'm definitely coming in!" I couldn't help but roll my eyes at his statement, that wasn't a fair, it was a habit I had.

"I'm waiting!" I teased before I walked away from the door, hoping he would leave any time soon. I stood against the island in the kitchen. His pleads for me to open the door were still audible but more tolerable at a distance. I breathed a deep breath out, pushing the hair away from my face with air as I folded my arms across my chest. My foot subconsciously started tapping against the floor as I waited impatiently for him to leave. My teeth settled into my lip, biting it in suspense, with the rate he was going I was actually starting to think he was going to break the door down.

I began making a cup of tea to distract myself from the obnoxious boy stood on the other side of my door. His loud thudding against the wood caused me to jump several times, almost burning myself with severely hot water. I gritted my teeth together beginning to get fed up. He clearly wasn't getting the message that I wasn't answering that door. After making my cup of tea I stood propped up against the island, debating what to actually do. My neighbours were probably furious right now but I don't blame them. Just as I was about to take a sip of my freshly brewed tea I heard something moving around inside the door lock. I crossed my eyebrows together and set my tea down. I narrowed my eyes at the lock as I walked towards the door.

"Uh Harry, what the heck do you think you're doing?!" I shouted, leaning against the door so I could hear properly.

"I'm getting in one way or another."

"You're trying to pick the lock?" I chuckled at my rhetorical statement. "You do realise that's a criminal offence." I warned, smirking to myself. Whatever was in the lock soon stopped moving around and it fell silent on the other side of the door. I was actually beginning to think he had left but I didn't want to risk checking because knowing him, he'd be waiting to charge inside. After some more silence I breathed a sigh of relief and turned around, about to retrieve my cup of tea when I was rudely interrupted.

"AFRO CIRCUS AFRO CIRCU-"

"DON'T YOU DARE!"I Retaliated. Everyone knew how much that song irked me. It literally made me cry listening to it, I hated it so much, I hated it with a burning passion. Why? Because I once accidentally fell asleep listening to it and now every time I hear it, it will not leave my brain for days. It's worse than nails on a chalkboard.