Chapter 23.

Scarlett's POV

No matter which side or position I lied in my eyes never felt heavy enough to close. I tossed and turned until Louis had given up keeping me and company and had moved to the other side of the bed. I rested my head on the pillow, staring aimlessly at the ceiling which was lit the slightest amount by the moonlight seeping through the top of the curtains. I should be tired but something wasn't sitting right in my mind, something was stopping me from reaching a dream land, instead I was stuck in this reality. I watched Louis' chest rising and falling as he breathed, he looked at peace. His little smile as he dreamt made me continued to watch, he looked cute, if he was a puppy I would have pinched his cheeks. After acting like a creeper I turned back towards the ceiling, nothing new, same old white ceiling. My hands ran over my face, massaging my temples in the process to try and inflict any sort of tiredness but it did nothing, well almost nothing, if anything it made me more awake. I thought maybe it was because I was too hot so I flung the duvet off my legs but that only sent shivers up my body. I quickly pulled the sheets back over my shaking body, sighing in the process. I tried to conjure up any ideas as to why I couldn't sleep but at the moment my brain was all jumbled. There was a lot on my mind, some good, some bad, but which one was stopping me from sleeping? After the realization of that fact I wasn't sleeping any time soon I gave up and hoped off the bed. The cold air surrounding the room instantly hit me, the heating must be turned off. I swear boys don't feel the cold as much as girls. Louis was sleeping shirtless where as I felt like I needed to wear an eskimo suit to feel even the slightest bit of warmth. I carefully tiptoed towards the wardrobe to find something warm to wear. I couldn't really see what I was doing and I didn't want to wake Louis by turning the light on so I used my sense of touch and grabbed what ever felt comfy yet warm. I slipped on what I could gather and left the room almost silently. The hallway was just as quiet as our room. I flicked the light switch on, cringing at the clicking sound it made and edged closer towards the main part of the house. Now I could see around me I looked down at my practically blindfolded outfit. It didn't look unreasonable, I had managed to pull out a pair of Louis' sweatpants, which were miles too long, his legs must make up almost three quarters of the whole of him. I had also dressed myself in a hoodie which I'm pretty sure didn't belong to Louis, I hadn't seen him wear it once, at least I don't think I did. I recognised it but his face didn't fit the picture. After tiptoeing down the corridor since everyone appeared to be asleep I thought it would be best to be quiet. The kitchen was at the other end of the house so I could most likely be as loud as possible and they would all sleep through it. I breathed a sigh of relief once I reached the kitchen and headed straight for the fridge. My head was deep inside as I raided for a midnight snack, for once the fridge actually had food in it.

"Who the heck eats cheese out of a can?" I muttered to myself as I read the ingredients on the can, turning my nose up at all the junk mixed in. I'm not a food snob, I love myself some junk food but cheese in a can? Really? I put my head back inside the cooling machine and rummaged around even more. "Okay seriously, teddy bear ham? I haven't seen this since I was ten." I chuckled.

"That's Niall's."

"Bloody hell!" I shouted, hitting my head on the shelf as my head escaped from the fridge. "Ouch." I mumbled rubbing the spot on my head where a lump was bound to grow now. "What are you doing up Harry?"

"I could ask you the same thing." He sighed and closed the fridge door before I had a chance to get anything to eat.

"Couldn't sleep." I replied, fetching myself a glass of water from the tap. "Want one?" I questioned. I was trying to keep a normal conversation with him, without any awkwardness but I felt like I was trying too hard, it felt unnatural.

"No, I'm good thanks. And I couldn't sleep either." He pushed his hair back with his hands, he looked stressed.

"Something on your mind?" My eyebrow naturally raised at him, edging him to open up. My lack of words but choice of actions seemed to work.