Chapter 29.

Scarlett's POV

"Louis! What are you doing here?" I gasped, my mouth spread across my face as far as the eye could see.

"Do you not want me here?" He chuckled whilst I wrapped my arms tightly around his waist.

"That's not what I mean. But you're not supposed to be here for another 3 days." I replied, untangling myself from his limbs to look at his heart melting smile.

"I couldn't stay away from you any longer." He spoke before poking the end of my nose. "You like?" He questioned, holding a mysterious guitar up to sight.

"Well it's beautiful but why do you have a guitar?" I responded, titling my head like a confused puppy. My only response from him was a howling laughter which only left me more confused. "What?"

"It's not mine silly. It's yours."

"Mine?"

"It's midnight blue, just like you said." He winked, placing the strap of the guitar over my head as I stared at him in awe.

"Am I missing something? It's not our anniversary is it?"

"No." He laughed whilst the guitar set against my body. "I just wanted to surprise you, and you deserve it, I've heard great things about you on this tour."

"Really? Like what? From who?"

"That's for me to know and for you... to not find out." He winked before giving me a slight push towards the stage where the crowd seemed to be eagerly waiting.

"Meanie." I whimpered, flashing him a fake frown as I turned around to face him again.

"I know and your crowd is waiting." He pointed out of the side of the curtain where a small glimpse of the audience could be seen. I turned to face the crowd and my face glowed with excitement. The thought of the guitar not even being tuned didn't even flash across my mind. I'd never even practiced on it, who knows what could go wrong.

"Oh, Louis!" I jeered before turning back in his direction.

"Yeah?" He merely replied whilst my legs paced quickly towards him.

"Thank you." I whispered against his lips before closing the minimal gap that existed in the first place. His lips were a familiar place but having not being connected to them for weeks it felt like something new. My emotions took over and I couldn't help but smile into the kiss. His tongue roamed freely around my mouth as we savoured the last seconds. Before we got to into our moment our lips detached from each other as our foreheads pressed together. My staggered breathing matched Louis' as we gazed into each other's eyes.

"You're welcome." He grinned when he finally got his breath back. "Now you really have to go and play before the crowd becomes rowdy."

"Alright, alright I'm going." I chuckled before slowly tracing back from his body.

"Good luck!" I heard him shout as I graced the stage with my presence. I waved towards the crowd, doing one last eye flicker towards Louis; he was still stood in the same position, before reaching my microphone.

"Hey! How you all doing tonight?" I asked towards the audience whilst I gripped a plectrum off the microphone stand. On average, per night I'd have to use up to ten guitar picks depending on how hot the venue was. If it as like an oven my hands grew sweaty and they would simply fly out off my hands, not like the crowd minded. I wasn't even the main act but catching one of my plectrums seemed like an Olympic sport to these dedicated music lovers. Although I can't deny I wasn't a keen contender in these games many years ago. In fact I had a full shoe box of signed guitar picks from bands I'd seen over the numerous years. As well as my record collection, Nintendo sixty four and rare Pokémon cards, they were literally my prized possession as far as hobbies and stuff goes. Of course I had other prized belongings, mainly family possessions but I can't stand to look at them, I know if I did I would break down and end up doing something I would dearly regret. The crowd cheered back in response nice and prominently, looks like tonight would be a great show. I flashed a wide smile to the front rows before beginning to strum on my guitar. I held my breath as I plucked at the first chord, to my relief it was in tune and I could breathe normally again. I gently ran my fingers over the strings before breaking out into my first song.