Chapter 7.

Louis' POV

"What is that?" Liam quizzed looking at me with confusion written all over his face.

"That my friend is a cowboy hat." I grinned sticking it on my head.

"Why are you wearing it?" He asked narrowing his eyes at me.

"Because I can." I smiled innocently.

"You're up to something." He muttered shaking his head before turning his attention back to his phone.

"Can't a boy wear a cowboy hat without being questioned?" I asked walking off to the kitchen. Niall somehow managed to tear his eyes away from his sandwich to look over at me as I put my head, literally inside the fridge.

"Not to be a bearer of bad news but you have a cowboy hat on your head."

"So I do." I joked as I patted it down onto my head.

"Um...why?"

"Is that a pickle and jam sandwich?" I asked avoiding the question.

"And Nutella." He grinned taking another bite.

"And you're questioning me?" I smirked. I left the kitchen with a bottle of water in hand, ready to head out the front door. I reached the hallway when a figure appeared at the door, Harry.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"Out." I stated.

"Where?"

"Nowhere special." I answered vaguely.

"You better not be going where I think you're going."

"And where would that be?" I asked trying to get past him.

"You know where." He answered.

"So what?" I asked giving up trying to move him.

"Aren't you forgetting a few things?" He asked raising his eyebrows.

"Phone, wallet, keys." I replied checking my pockets.

"No you idiot." He sighed whacking my head playfully. "One, She doesn't want you there, two, you have a girlfriend."

"What's Kendall got to do with this?"

"How would you like it if she was out stalking another boy?"

"I'm not stalking her." I rolled my eyes.

"Then what are you doing?"

"Giving her support."

"By wearing a cowboy hat?"

"I'm not doing anything wrong." I replied with a tone of annoyance.

"Suit yourself, but don't come running to me when reality hits you in the face." He muttered before moving out of the way. I sighed before walking out the front door and to my car.

I turned the radio up as the music blasted out of the speakers. I began to tap the rhythm of the Neon Tree's song which was playing, on the steering wheel with my hands. Luckily Taylor was easy to sway with getting information out of, I just had to wink and she was practically on her knees for me. I grinned remembering back to the scene in the kitchen after Scarlett had promptly left.

"Please welcome to the stage; Scarlett, a new upcoming artist." The club owner shouted down the microphone, I grimaced at the sharp sound the speakers gave off. I was stood near the back, leaning against a poll focusing on the stage in front of me. My cowboy hat was still fixed firmly on my head, it worked as a pretty good disguise if I do say so myself, no-one had recognised me, although that might be because the club is pretty dark. After a long moment of silence Scarlett appeared on the stage, I could see Taylor side stage pushing her on which only caused me to smirk. I was expecting her to be wearing a dress considering we were in a club but she was stood nice and casual with black ripped skinny jeans and a loose off the shoulder shirt. She was grasping the guitar in her hand as if her life depended on it. The oh so cocky, sarcastic, confident Scarlett suffered stage fright, never saw that coming. I got myself more comfortable against the pole and watched her intensely as her fingers ran over the strings releasing a few chords around the club. I instantly recognised the song, and I'm pretty sure everyone else in the club did too.