Chapter 46.

Scarlett's POV

"Do you want another coffee?"

"Uh, yeah, please." I replied, a small smile began to form on my face as the smell of freshly brewed coffee circled around the air.

"Same again?"

"Please."

"This rounds one me."

"Just like the last one?" I chuckled.

"I don't see you very often, it's the least I can do."

"Thanks Jack, I appreciate it." I grinned as I watched him walk towards the counter to order another set of coffees for the both of us. Luckily the coffee shop, which was tucked nice and neatly down a pretty secluded London street which was practically empty. There was a young woman typing away furiously in the corner on her laptop whilst her country music sifted out of her headphones and subtly into the background. She hadn't taken her eyes away from the screen once since we had been here, which had almost been an hour. The only other person in the premises was an elderly man who was sat, happily smiling to himself as he enjoyed the newspaper in which he was fully engrossed in. I don't know what he was reading but you would occasionally hear a soft laugh leave his lips, which were coated in milk from his coffee. Jack and I were sat at the very back, out of sight of the door making it nice and peaceful, we could converse without any interruptions, although that was very unlikely here anyway.

"So where did we get up to?" Jack beamed as he set the fresh coffees down on the small, wooden table we had chosen.

"Thanks." I mumbled, wrapping my hands around the large mug which was evidently keeping my hands warm. "Um, did I tell you about what happened after she woke up?" I questioned him.

"Nope, I think we just got up to the point where lover boy came running back in." He smiled, letting a small laugh leave his lips. I quickly rolled my eyes, kicking him under the table in the process.

"Please don't call him that." I sighed.

"Sorry." He spoke in apologetic tone. "But-"

"Don't." I cut him off as a grin appeared on both of our faces. I shook my head at his cheekiness and his cute little smile which was growing.

"Okay, so lov- I mean Louis, just came running back in and then what?"

"He said he still loves me." I spoke, my voice was dropping in volume and my gaze fixed on the cup between my hands.

"And what did you say back?"

"Nothing." I mumbled.

"Nothing?" Jack repeated. His hand snaked towards mine and his guitar playing fingers linked between my own, pulling them away from the cup. My eyes naturally looked up to meet his as I shook my head. "Why?" He asked softly.

"She woke up." I replied taking a deep breath. His deep, dark chocolate brown eyes were fixed on mine waiting for me to continue. "Everything was pretty hectic after that. He had left before I could have even noticed or said anything."

"He did that for you. He was letting you have time for your sister. You realise that right?"

"I didn't get a chance to say what I wanted though."

"What did you want to say?"

"It doesn't matter now." I sighed.

"How long has it been since you spoke to him?"

"Three days."

"Three days? At least it's not three years. There's still time."

"I don't know what to do though. I'm sorry for dumping this all on your shoulders. I'm sure you don't need it. You're here to play all these amazing festivals and mingle with your favourite bands and idols." I rambled on.