Chapter 5.

Scarlett's POV

"GET UP!"

"NO!" I groaned in pillow.

"Move your lazy ass outta that bed now or I'll cut off your Nutella supply."

"You wouldn't." I snarled.

"Wouldn't I?"

"Alright, I'm getting up." I mumbled throwing the duvet off myself.

"Good, because the rent won't pay itself."

Welcome to my life, to be quite honest I detest it with an extreme passion, I'm stuck in some stupid dead end job at a roller skating diner called 'Best Intentions', I have no idea why it's called that, it makes as much sense as a chocolate fire guard. I live in a small apartment in central London, the rent is ridiculous, I share my 'crib' with my best friend; Taylor. As much as she is my best friend, she drives me crazy, she likes my second mum. I don't have a huge social life, but I'm never one to pass going out clubbing. That's practically it. Love life? What love life?

I threw the duvet off myself and slipped out of bed, literally. I hopped and skipped over empty pizza boxes I hadn't had a chance to get rid of yet and made my way over to my bathroom. I turned the shower on, waiting for the water to get warm, which sometimes takes a while in this dump. The apartment building may look like luxury from the outside but once you step inside it's worse than a teenage boy's bedroom. I ripped off my pyjamas and stepped into the shower, regretting my actions, the water hadn't heated up. I messed around with the handle until finally some warm water covered my body, just enough so I could wash my hair. I stepped out of the shower and threw on my extremely unappealing work uniform. My naturally tanned legs stuck out of the end of my red flared skirt, whilst my arms hung out of a white shirt. I applied some basic make-up; eyeliner, mascara, foundation and lastly, part of the uniform, bright red lipstick. I left my hair to dry naturally, if I used a hairdryer it would only resemble an afro and I was already running late, nothing unusual there though.

"You're going to be late again." Taylor informed as she gazed at me over her newspaper.

"Thanks for that captain obvious." I rolled my eyes.

"If you lose your job I'm kicking you out."

"Always supportive I see." I replied sarcastically.

"We can barely afford to live here as it is, you could at least put a bit off effort in."

"I know, it's just I hate my life, I hate my job, I'm stuck in a cycle and there doesn't look like there's a way out." I sighed.

"You don't know that, maybe it's waiting for you at work." She winked.

"Oh yeah totally." I rolled my eyes again.

"Go on, getting go." She laughed.

"I'm going." I answered holding my hands up in the air and walking towards the door.

"Oh, the flowers are being delivered this afternoon to the diner, so you'll be able to go straight there."

"Where would I be without you?" I grinned.

"Sharing a back alley with a homeless person?" She joked.

"Most likely." I laughed as I walked out the door.

I walked down the road to the diner, luckily it was only twenty minutes away. I hummed along to The Cab as I bobbed my head around to the beat of the music blasting through my headphones. I flicked through my twitter, nothing interesting, although Jack had just announced his undying love for Alex in All Time Low, although the whole fan base knew that anyway, they don't worship 'Jalex' for nothing. I scanned over Facebook, reading peoples status' about how they're bored of being single after a day makes me want to de combust on the spot. Being single isn't a bad thing, I would know, I've been single for six months, it's so much easier, a hell of a lot less stress. Although Rob, my ex was a control freak, I never got a break, two months, my shortest relationship yet.