Chapter 33.

"Harry, please do something." Taylor whined across the aisle for about the twentieth time, I swear this girl is missing a few brain cells or something.

"Taylor, I can't do anything, it's not my fault this is how the seating got arranged." Harry whispered back in order not to disturb the other two hundred passengers on the plane. We hadn't even taken off yet and Taylor was already creating a scene. Unlike her I sucked up the circumstances and accepted the fact I was stuck next to her for next eight hours in a flying tin can.

"Can't someone swap or something?" She continued. Her voice was grating on me but I'm pretty sure if I slapped her around the mouth I'd get kicked off and I'm sure she'd find great pleasure in that.

"It's too late, it doesn't matter, just go to sleep, you don't even have to look at her." 'Her', what a nice way to address me Harry, I mentally thought, rolling my eyes in the process.

"It's not fair." She grunted before slamming herself back in her seat. She's quite a catch, I thought sarcastically. Harry could do so much better, but I guess when you're in love you're supposedly blind to numerous things, I wonder if one of them is that your girlfriend is a complete bi-

"Cabin crew seats for take-off." My rambling thoughts were cut off by the captain speaking over the tannoy to the air hostesses as they proceeded to their reserved seats. Just looking at their uniforms made me feel uncomfortable. Short skirts, tight shirts and high heels, and they're on their feet the majority of the time; I'd give up after an hour and walk around barefoot. The roar of the engines sent my heart pounding, I needed someone next to me just for comfort and reassurance but the seat next to mine was currently occupied by the devil, or in other terms; Taylor. Louis was next to Zayn, somewhere further back in the first class cabin. Unfortunately due to last minute flight changes seat allocations were messed up and just my luck I ended up next to Taylor. My legs were shaking as they began bouncing up and down off the floor, only to the annoyance of Taylor. I don't know how Louis could fly so calmly, he looked at peace in his seat, chatting away like a desperate housewives mother. But here I was, gripping hold of the seat, I know it won't save my life but the harder I dug my nails in the more secure I felt. The plane began to slowly dawdle towards the runway but my heart was doing the exact opposite. The pounding of my heart on my ribcage was like someone banging a drum as hard as they could. I was convinced everyone in the front of the plane could hear my heart trying to escape my skeleton. My teeth bit down harder on my lip to stop them from chattering. I was fidgeting so much I was surprised Taylor hadn't 'accidentally' hit me again.

"Will you sit still." She whispered harshly in my face, low enough so no-one else could hear. I glared at her, my facial expression was more of a sign to tell her; you should know why I hate flying, but that didn't seem to matter to her, I was just annoying.

"I can't." I stammered out, my breathing barely normal.

"Are you going to be like this the whole time?" She replied, whispering harshly again. This time I couldn't even muster up a verbal response, I closed my eyes instead, counting to a hundred in my head, waiting for the take-off to start. The wheels began rolling, at an unimaginable force down the runway, I tried breathing deeply to calm myself but the force was so powerful. Luckily when we took off the whole plane was shaking so my obscure body actions looked slightly more normal. "I don't know why you got the window seat." Taylor snarled as we began levelling out.

"You wanted that seat so you could annoy your boyfriend for eight hours." I sarcastically replied, pulling my headphones and iPod from the seat pocket.

"At least my boyfriend loves me." I grimaced at her words. Louis said he loved me, I loved him but recently I was starting to believe this was all one big fairy tale and I wasn't going to get my happy ending. "I knew it wouldn't last long." She chuckled slyly in my ear before I blocked her out with my music. I took a couple deep breaths as my music started playing, I was trying to calm myself before I went into complete macho mode and showed Taylor how strong I really am. Just because I don't retaliate doesn't make me weak, I'm just not stupid. Alex Gaskarth's voice drifted through my ears, the smile that normally appeared on my face when I listened to All Time Low was nowhere to be seen. My smile remained straight and my eyes fixated on the ocean below. Somewhere down there I've been, stranded, lost, practically alone for a week. Barely surviving, but look where it's got me. I don't know if it was a blessing or a curse. Then realisation hit me, I was there but so was everyone else on the plane, those who didn't survive would still be there now. My parents were in there somewhere, my sister defenceless down there. It's far too late to do anything but the huge guilt sat on my shoulders just wouldn't disappear. I should have saved my sister before myself, how could I have been so selfish?