Chapter 38.

Scarlett's POV

"I think I pretty much got everything." Maria huffed, almost all of my belongings bundled tightly in her arms.

"Thanks." I sort of mumbled, holding a tissue up to my face, wiping away the tears which had become a burden.

"How you feeling?" She asked in a comforting manner, her hand was placed on my shin in a supportive way as she perched on the end of the sofa which I had taken command of.

"Do you really want me to answer?"

"Would it make you feel any better if I told you I put Louis in his place?" She grinned, obviously pleased with herself. I couldn't, for some reason, help but smile back.

"You did?" I replied, an upbeat tone to my voice.

"I told him what he needed to know and what he should have done in the first place. Idiot." She responded, whispering the last word under her breath but I heard it none the less.

"What did he say?" I questioned, ignoring her comment. I couldn't call him an idiot, I didn't know what he was feeling or thinking, but Maria is never quiet on voicing her opinion. Just another reason why she is my best friend let alone manager.

"Eh, nothing much, I think he was in shock."

"I dread to think what you said." I replied, letting out a small chuckle but face soon fell again.

"Hun, he's not worth your time, just forget about him. There's a Criminal Minds marathon on soon. I say we get the ice-cream in thick and fast."

"It's hard to forget about someone you love." I mumbled, hugging a cushion as if it was a dear old companion.

"What?"

"Nothing." I sighed, forcing a smile to appear upon my face although there was no emotion behind it.

"No seriously what did you say?" She intruded, staring into my eyes with a look on her face which showed; if you don't repeat yourself I will force it out of you, most likely in a tickle fight.

"You're not going to let this slide are you?"

"Do I ever?" She chuckled, moving my legs out the way so she could sit down. I shuffled myself around on the sofa until I was comfortable. I didn't want to have any heart to heart conversations with deep thought. I wanted to sleep for days and hide under a cave made up of my duvet and pillows. Either that or I wanted my sister safe back in my arms where she belongs. I know it was her, she didn't look any different, her eyes were the main giveaway. You could say it was sister's instinct but it wasn't just that, if you had seen my sister before you'd say the same thing.

"No." I sighed. "All I said was it's hard to forget someone you love."

"You still love him huh?" I merely nodded in response. "Hun, how can you love someone who was constantly knocking you down, doesn't trust you and almost turned against you."

"I don't know."

"It'll take time, I know. I'll be here to help you." She smiled genuinely at me before beginning to leave the room.

"Thanks." I replied although a smile was lacking on my face. She was treating it like I wanted to fall out of love but it's not as simple as saying I'm over you. My head and heart are still embraced in what used to be a relationship. I can't just get over it. I miss him already. Even after everything we've been through recently my heart is craving for him, even now after this morning. A couple hours later my heart yearns for him. Do I regret what I did? No. Something's need to be said and done but my feelings will never disappear, at least not any time soon and I won't be able to stop that. My brain was working full time on a cycle, repeating every moment we had shared together. From experiencing each other's company for the first time, which was technically at the airport to the time he told me he loved me with a rubber duck to this morning, where he shouted at me, full on shouted as if he was disappointed. Yet, my heart still was fixed on that one guy, I suppose he has that one thing. I guess that's love for you.