Chapter 27.

Scarlett's POV

"Scarlett will you just breathe?"

"But-"

"They're going to think you're crazy."

"They're so beautiful." I gasped, holding out my hands, stroking thin air.

"They are also fifty feet away, behind a piece of glass not even looking in our direction."

"I don't care." I sighed, staring at their beautiful bodies. I don't care how far away we were stood they were glowing in my eyes.

"Aren't you forgetting something?"

"What?" I asked, snapping my head towards Maria who clearly wasn't impressed at my fan girling.

"You have a boyfriend..."

"What he doesn't know won't hurt him." I joked, smirking cunningly before turning my attention to my four idols.

"Have you managed to speak to him yet?"

"Not properly." I mumbled, my mood already decreasing.

"What do you mean by not properly?"

"Well, technically-"

"He hasn't called?" She already cut me off with her rushed statement.

"No." I began to sigh again, running my fingers through my wavy hair, flowing down my chest. "He's probably really busy with recording." For some reason if I thought of an excuse for him as to why he hasn't been in contact for the past two days it makes me feel slightly better, although deep down I know it's all just lies. He is busy but I know that would never stop him ringing or even sending a single text.

"Scarlett you can't keep lying to yourself. It's not good for you." Maria offered a comforting pat on the back but it felt more like a 'get a grip of yourself' pat. I brushed her arm away from me and tore my gaze away from the boys and towards the floor. Right now the chewing gum stained pavement felt more riveting than ever. Strawberry, spearmint, bubble gum and cherry, just a few of the flavours I had depicted throughout my daydream. There was also a black one, unless it was liquorice flavour it was new to me.

"I like to think positive, it gets me through the day." I admitted.

"I don't doubt it does but sometimes you gotta face up to reality."

"I'm sure he'll call soon."

"For your sake, I hope he does to." Maria muttered, most likely hoping I couldn't hear, but I did, and it stung a little.

"What?"

"Never mind. Anyway, it looks like we can go in now." She picked up her tune and plastered a massive grin on her face.

"Oh, okay." I responded, standing back up straight, trying to look confident.

"Ready to meet All Time Low?"

"I've been ready all my life." I chuckled before falling into step with her as we approached the building. I had been gazing out of the tour bus window for hours before we were finally allowed out. I'd seen them arrive but straight after Cassadee they were ushered inside the venue out back, which you could see through since most of the wall was a massive glass panel. Either this venue never accommodates for rock bands or that is some super strong glass. I have to admit, this tour bus is nowhere near as nice as the one with the boys but there's only a few of us living on here and I'll guess it'll do. Maria, of course, is on my bus, she has to be with me at all times, apparently it's in the contract. Cassadee has her own bus that she shares with her management team. Our crews share a bus which they get all to themselves. I also have a stylist on my bus, apparently my fashion needs a little work if I want to go up the ladder in this career. I'd love to argue back and say people should love me for being me but apparently the stylist was included in the contract too. Ariel's nice though, she doesn't have vibrant red hair like the mermaid, it's more of an auburn colour. I've never really had a proper conversation with her, she talks around me in third person, pretending I'm not there, which doesn't exactly bother me much, less social interaction the better. Our bus driver, obviously shares our bus. I was a bit dubious at first to have a male driver amongst three young three females but Connor's actually alright, he most likely talks about his grandchildren and children and how proud of them he is, which is cute. I sometimes wonder if any of my family in New Zealand know anything about me, surely they must be wondering what happened to me after the accident. You'd think that anyway but I haven't received a single phone call, maybe they presume I'm dead too.