Chapter 43

Ross's POV

I was on top of the world! This moment couldn't get any more perfect.

I could see the hope Laura had in her chocolate colored eyes. The same hope that stuck around when I was being a complete jerk. I am most definitely thankful for that.

My thoughts were redirected to my siblings who were surrounding both Laura and I at the moment. I glanced down and noticed I was holding her hand. She caressed her thumb over my fingers and smiled up at me, her eyes crinkling at the ends. I returned the favor, not really paying attention to what my siblings were saying.

Rydel: "That was beautiful!"

Riker: "Yeah man, so proud of you!"

Rocky: "Awesome dude!"

Ratliff: "See, that wasn't so bad!"

Ryland: "Nice job!" *pats on back*

I didn't win an Oscar or just conquer my biggest fear but they were congratulating me as if I did. Oh well! That's what I get for being a Lynch!

My mom came into the room soon after. "Guys! Remember you have fans waiting to meet you!"

Laura's POV

That's when everyone scurried out, leaving Ross and I slightly behind. Still holding my hand, he turned to me. "Would you like to stay behind while I do the signing? You know, cause of what happened-"

I cut him off. "Nah, it's okay. I'll be fine." I shyly smiled at him.

He looked unsure but agreed. "Well okay! If you say so, but I'll be right here beside you."

I smirked and we walked towards the anxious fans. A line formed and fans quickly came. Ross wrote his name frantically on everything that was to be signed. Pretty impressive I must say.

He stayed by my side, as promised. After the first couple of fans, some were now coming to me and asking ME to sign their posters! Cool!

After meeting all the sweet fans, everyone boarded their stuff off the bus and onto a plane back to California.

I sat next to Rydel and across the way Ross was sitting with Ryland. Throughout the ride we couldn't help but smile at each other until we boarded off. That's when I realized I had a major blushing problem. Every time we made eye contact my face seemed to brighten.

The plane landed and after helping everyone load their items into a nearby rental truck, we were finally on our way home.

As we were piled in the car, Rydel and Ratliff were telling jokes, making the rest of us laugh along. Ten minutes past and Ross had his mom stop the vehicle.

Our laughter softened. I gave him a look of confusion.

"Laura, get out."

"Uh, excuse me?"

"Oh, I'm coming with you."

Okay??

The vehicle stormed off leaving Ross and I alone in a parking lot.

"Come on! You remember this place don't you?"

As we were walking I recognized the big oak tree and the treehouse above it.

"Oh yeah of course! Just haven't been here in a while."

"I know. It's a special place."

He lit up as he smiled and took my hand. We both went up in the treehouse and sat snugly next to each other. After some small talk about the tour he went silent and stroked my hair for a while. I didn't say anything and just let him stroke my hair in this comfortable silence.

I spoke a few minutes later. "What's on your mind?"

He gazed into my eyes. "You."

I laughed and shyly blushed. "What about me?"

That same genuine smile I fell for was plastered on his face.

"Well, I had something I wanted to ask you. I feel like maybe and hopefully we were on the same page about something."

"Us?"

"Y-Yeah..."

Ross's POV

She waited and looked into my eyes intently. I've never been so nervous in my entire life.

Here goes nothing.

"Laura, this tour has been fun. It really has. I loved spending time with you too. I learned a lot."

I was hesitating. She noticed but I continued. I took her hands into mine and smiled.

"Um, so I was wondering if you'd consider giving me a second chance? Giving us a second chance. I wanna be with you and only you."

She ducked her head down. I couldn't tell her expression.

"Please?"

I saw her look up and nod. She bit her lip and smiled.

"Yes. Absolutely yes."

With that, I embraced her in a hug.

"Thank you."

She snuggled her head closer to my shoulder and I felt her head nod slightly.

I pecked her on the cheek and held her. Held her tighter than before.

I would never let her go. Not now, not ever. She would always be my forever.