Chapter 34

Ross's POV

The drive back home was pretty silent. Laura was staring out the window and I took her hand into mine. That seemed to relax her.

She wasn't staying in our home any longer but over the next week I tended to her needs whenever she needed me. Sometimes I would just show up with flowers just to put a smile on her face!

We even had...

Laura's POV

A movie night! Wednesday at 7 p.m. to be exact. One of my favorite nights spent with Ross. We made the most of each day of the week and it was definitely a highlight.

*Flashback*

*Ding dong*

I opened the door to find Ross standing there with a grin on his face. He casually came in. As I closed the door I noticed he was hiding something behind his back.

I casually raised an eyebrow. "Uh hey Ross! So um, what you got there behind your back?"

He smiled and still hid the unknown item behind him.

"A movie!"

"Oh cool! Which one?"

"It's a surprise! Now, let's get some snacks shall we?"

That's what we did! We brought waters and some popcorn and other (unhealthy but delicious) items to where we were sitting. I even got blankets and pillows for extra comfort.

We finally settled down next to each other and he put in the movie.

As the title screen was rolling, I realized it was one of those horror films.

I shakily said something. "Um, uh, is this a trick or something?"

"Nope! Why, are you scared?" He looked at me and smirked.

I replied back with an attitude, "Pshh, no! I-I'm not scared!"

I'm starting to get the idea he did this on purpose. He's not getting any cuddle time if that's what he's thinking. Humph. I'll prove him wrong! Scared...it's just a movie. How bad can it be?

It wasn't even halfway through the movie before I cracked. It was one of those scenes where a child creaks a door open and all of sudden this terrifying person pops onto the screen. Gosh, talk about terrifying.

I screamed, jumped, and nearly knocked Ross over!

He fumbled a little but got his composure back together and laughed.

"Not scared, huh?"

"Oh shut up Ross! It's not funny!"

He spread his arms out towards me.

"Aww it's okay! Come here!"

I didn't budge at first but after he gave me those puppy eyes, I gave in. The blanket was now wrapped around both of us and nearly every scene after the one I saw got more frightening.

So I did what came naturally and buried my head into Ross's chest...the whole time.

The movie was finally over and I felt Ross's soft lips on my cheek.

"Laura it's over. You can sit up now."

"Mmm, that's okay. I'd rather stay here."

"Of course you do! Are you tired?"

"Yeah..."

"Can I get a kiss before you fall asleep?"

I lifted my head and gave him a 'really Ross?' look.

"Pleeeaassee???"

I laughed at his desperation. "I was kidding! Of course you can!"

We slowly leaned in and right when our lips were about to lock I slowly backed away while he tried to lean forward.

"Hey!"

"You're gonna have to try a lot harder than that!"

I laughed and in matter of no time he pinned me down and shifted on top of me.

"H-Hey! No fair!"

We were both laughing and suddenly I felt his lips giving butterfly kisses on my neck.

"R-Ross! Stop! That tickles!"

"Then let me kiss you!"

"Hahaha fine!"

He sat me up and smiled while our lips finally met. I was giddy and shy so I wrapped a blanket around both of us and buried my head into his chest once more. That's when we both fell asleep in each other's arms.

Ross's POV

I woke up the next morning to find Laura's head on my chest. I stared at her peaceful face.

Sometimes I wish she knew how beautiful she really was. But I saw it, she knew that.

Soon after, she woke up. We had a normal breakfast routine and I remembered there was still things needed to be packed. If everything was packed and ready today, then there would be no rush tomorrow when we leave in the early morning.

"Uh, Laura?"

"Hm, yeah Ross?"

"Um, well I still need to help my family with the packing..."

"Oh, well okay then. Um, is there anything you need help with?"

"Not really. But I'm sure Rydel could use some help! Why don't you help her organize with my mom?!"

"Oh yeah! Let's go."

That's pretty much how our last day together went. Organizing, packing, and more packing. Laura seemed to have fun helping, which was good. She didn't look upset or anything. I saw her smiling and laughing every time she dropped a box or was too weak to lift one onto the bus. Oh Laura, clumsy and adorkable.

I could tell she really was happy for me!