Chapter 24

Laura's POV

I don't even want to talk about rehearsals. Everyone did great with their lines, of course, but I was still trying to process my own thoughts. I wasn't sure if I was hopeful or upset. I just felt kind of...emotionless.

I was gathering my stuff in my dressing room when I heard a knock.

"Come in!"

Raini came in with a small smile on her face. She saw my blank expression and spoke softly.

"Hey. You ok?"

"Not really. I was so caught up in this whole relationship thing I forgot this was our last week. I'm barely going to see anybody anymore."

"Aw. Laura, don't be doubtful! We're probably going to have another season and over break you're still going to see me and Ross-"

"That's not certain Raini. Especially with Ross. He's probably going to go on tours and leave me for some fan he meets."

"You need to seriously learn how to trust him. You can't be having these kinds of thoughts constantly. You're going to drive yourself crazy Laura! You need time to think about this whole relationship thing."

That sounds like a good idea.

"Everything you said was right. Im going home so I can sort everything out. Thanks for being there for me."

I hugged her and headed out.

I got home and went up to my room. Looks like I have the place to myself for a little while!

I went on my laptop and started chatting with fans on twitter. They always make me happy!

I nearly replied to ten fans when my phone buzzed.

To: Laura

From: Rydel

Hey! Do you have any plans tonight? :)

Well this was unusual. I rarely get texts from Rydel. But I was excited nonetheless.

To: Rydel

From: Laura

Nope! I'm just staying at home relaxing. :)

To: Laura

From: Rydel

Sweet! Would you like to have a sleepover at my place? Please!? You could come over at 5 and join us for dinner too!

To: Rydel

From: Laura

Um, I guess so! I'll see you then! :P

Riker's POV

"Did it work?"

"Like a charm!"

"Sweet!"

I gave Rydel a high five and a fist bump. It was part of a plan we had. We figured Ross and Laura could spend some quality time together...at night. There's less distractions for them at night then during the day. Just a favor we were doing for Ross. We were also doing it for our own entertainment.

"Haha! Ross is going to be so confused when Laura gets here!"

Rydel and I exchanged smiles. "I know right? It's going to be great."

"What's going to be great?"

Ross was walking towards us, curious.

I quickly glanced at Rydel who gave me an I-don't-know look.

"Um, m-mom's dinner is going to be great! Yep!"

I mentally gave myself a high five. Nice cover Riker!

"Mom's dinner is always great! You two are acting funny. Whatever. I'll be in my room til dinner."

Phew!

Rydel stated the obvious,"That was a close one Riker."

"I know that! Just be lucky he's gone."

Laura's POV

It was nearly 4:40 when I headed over to the Lynch's and arrived at 4:50. I was 10 minutes early but oh well. I knocked on the door with my elbow since my hands were filled with bags and pillows. Rydel greeted me in and I set my stuff down.

"Hey Laura! I'm so happy you're here! You want anything to drink?"

"Aw, um sure! I'll have water."

Rydel led me into the kitchen and I took a seat at their table. I realized how quiet everything was.

"Um, where's your family?"

"Oh! They're out somewhere. They'll be here for dinner though."

I laughed and sipped my water.

I heard footsteps nearby and a confused Ross appeared.

"Laura?!"