Chapter 20

Ross's POV

Before I knew it, Tuesday morning came around. I felt like I needed more time to plan this whole "hangout" for tonight. But I guess not.

I decided to plan everything last night, before I went to bed. I also discussed some ideas with Riker on where to go, what to do, that sort of thing. In all honesty, he pretty much planned it but I knew how to spice things up. I was the one who ultimately had to make it special for Laura.

I kind of started stressing out when I got home yesterday. I had no clue what I was going to do. Thank goodness for Riker...

~*.~*. Flashback ~*.~*.

*Ross runs directly upstairs when he gets home*

Rydel: Ross?! You didn't even say hi to your family yet! We're waiting!

She was downstairs with the rest of her siblings, who were in their own conversations, when she yelled up to Ross.

Ross didn't answer back. Instead, she heard a door slam. That's when Rydel turned towards Riker and gestured to him to go and see what's up.

Riker: *sigh* I'll be back guys!

He got up and jogged briskly up the stairs.

*knock* *knock*

"It's Riker! Ross!? Please open the door!"

Ross gradually opened the door. He looked stressed and exhausted at the same time.

Riker: Hey buddy, what's up with you? You're acting different.

Ross: Ugh! I don't know what to do Riker!

Ross started pacing back and forth in his room and started lightly banging his head against the wall.

Riker: Calm down Ross! I have never seen you THIS stressed before. Just tell me what's up and maybe I can help you!

Ross stopped what he was doing and faced Riker with a sad grin on his face.

Ross: I-I asked Laura if she wanted to-you know, hang out with me and she said 'yes' and I have NO idea what I'm going to do. It's tomorrow. *sigh*

Riker didn't have a girlfriend, no, but he did have great imagination and a good sense of creativity, which came in handy. Especially for planning events and whatnot.

Riker: Oh, I see. Well let me give you some ideas and you'll have everything planned in no time!

~*.~*. End of flashback ~*.~*.

That's when everything pretty much came together. I'm going to see Laura on set today but I'm not going to tell her what we're doing until I pick her up tonight.

Laura's POV

I went to set (as always) and I came with much excitement as I anticipated for what was to come tonight. I had no patience what-so-ever.

*poke* *poke*

Huh?

I turned around and found Ross grinning at me, his eyes glistened with joy.

I almost spoke when he did the unexpected.

Ross carefully stroked back a few strands of my hair, tucked them gently behind my ear, and leaned over to whisper very softly,

"I can't wait to see you tonight..."

His warm breath against my skin sent shivers down my spine as I smiled, feeling the heat rise to my cheeks.

I sort of just stood there, speechless. I tried to speak but no words were spoken. It's like he had me in a trance. How could he have this affect on me?