Chapter 23

Laura's POV

My heart continued to pound as I heard the footsteps coming to a stop.

"Ross! Have you seen Laura? I told her to wait for me and now I can't find her."

Phew! It was only Rydel. My relief didn't last too much longer though as I heard Ross reply.

"Hmm. Actually, I think I have! Wait for me downstairs."

Eh oh. I heard him playfully shouting,"Laura! I know you're in there!"

I started playing with my flip phone and ran into a corner as I heard the knob turn. I kept my head down.

I heard him walking towards me but I didn't dare look up. I felt his body heat and that's when I realized how close he was. He had his hands against both sides of the wall as well, caging me in.

He slightly laughed as he spoke,"Laura, were you watching me through the door?"

That's when I looked up and saw that he still had no shirt on. I felt my jaw slightly drop but quickly composed myself, trying my best not to meet his gaze.

"W-Why would I do that? I didn't do such a thing. Pshh."

"Laura, I saw you! You were staring at me because I was shirtless...right?" He whispered the last word and out of the corner of my eye I saw a smirk appear.

I looked at him for a moment before blushing and looking towards the ground. "Ok, maybe I was...but it won't happen again I promise!"

He started laughing and bopped my nose as he replied,"Haha! You're cute Laura!"

I guess he wasn't mad at me after all! "Wait, so you're not mad at me?"

He put on a shirt he had in his hand. "No silly! You can stare at me all day if you want!"

"Nah, that's ok! I'd rather stare at a wall."

He dramatically placed his hand over his chest with an 'offended' look on his face. I think I just slightly hurt his man pride.

I smiled,"I'm just kidding! You're way more interesting than a wall! Haha!"

I saw Ross shaking his head but I could tell he was holding in a smile. "I sure hope so!"

After a few seconds of silence we both just burst into laughter. We both stopped after hearing Riker yell up something.

"Guys! I made breakfast!"

We both headed downstairs and sat down next to each other at the table.

Riker and Rydel quickly glanced at each other with a smirk on their faces as we both sat down.

I got suspicious."What's up with you two?"

Rydel spoke while Riker started to gobble up his food. "Oh nothing." Then they giggled.

Ross turned to me. "Don't even bother with them. Probably an inside joke or something."

I nodded but in my mind I was thinking,'They're up to something.'

Ten minutes later our plates were cleared and we said our goodbyes.

As we both headed off, a few minutes into the drive Ross started to talk. "We have more rehearsals today! Are you excited?"

"Sure, I guess so!"

"You should be excited Laura! Today's the last day for rehearsals and then we film our last episode for the season."

That's when I felt my heart drop to my stomach. Last episode? Ever?

"W-Why are you so happy about that?"

"Cause we get like a 5 month break before another season starts back up in July!"

"Wait, we've already been approved for a season 3?"

"Not yet. But I'm sure with all the Auslly lovers and Austin and Ally fans, the producers are sure to give us another season!"

"I hope so!"

I slumped down in my seat a little and looked out the window. This sucked! I'm going to go from seeing Ross everyday, to barely seeing him at all. Especially if season 3 isn't approved. With this show, his band R5 is getting more publicity. That means more music, more fans, bigger tours. I'd never see him if he went on back to back tours.

Ross's POV

We came into the parking lot and I turned the engine off. I looked over at Laura who had a blank expression on her face. She had a hand placed on her knee and I took it. She looked up at me with such...sadness.

Concern flashed over me. "L-Laura what's wrong?"

A single tear rolled down her cheek but she continued to hold my gaze. "How are we supposed to work on this relationship if we're barely going to see each other during the break?"

"Aw, Laura. Even though we're not going to see each other every day like we're used to, we're still going to find time to hang out and have dates! That's mostly why I'm so excited for the break! We get to spend a lot more quality time than we do on set!"

There was still a flash of doubt.

"That's really sweet Ross, b-but how about R5? You guys are getting bigger and better. That means you'll be having more tours. Especially with this break."

She's right.

"Laura, I don't know if we're going on a tour today, or tomorrow, or next month, but what I do know is that we have right now. Let's not worry about the future ok? Let's just enjoy now. Together."

I saw her sadness turn into an expression of hope. She managed to put a smile on her face and looked straight into my eyes.

"You're right. As long as I'm here with you, right now, that's all that matters."