Chapter 13

Laura's POV

As I got into my car and started heading to my house, I got even more excited with my thoughts from earlier.

I'm definitely having a mini party.

I leaned up against the seat when I arrived and smiled. I felt warm when I remembered how Ross's arms felt around my waist. Mmm.

As the memories slowly faded away, I got out and skipped towards the door. I felt like I was walking on cloud 9. I came inside my house and realized Vanessa was here. Shoot.

She didn't greet me but I knew she was in her room or something. Probably rehearsing her script for Switched at Birth. I tried sneaking up to my room without her noticing but that didn't happen. I ended up making our floors creak and I saw her head peek out of her room. She smiled and I mentally counted down when she would start bombarding me with questions.

3...2...1...

"Oh hey Laura? So how was your day? How did the kiss go? *wink*wink* No, wait let me guess. It was amazing right? Oh! Did you enjoy it? Ooo! Was it everything you hoped and dreamed about? Oh! And-"

If I didn't stop her now, who knows how long it would be before she would shut up.

"Vanessa! Stop! I just got home, let me breathe a little!" I slightly chuckled.

"Oh ok, yeah you're right. I'll just wait for you to 'breathe'".

"Good. Now just give me 5 minutes to put my things away and get comfortable ok?"

"Ok sis! Whatever you say! I'll be waiting!"

I shut my door and changed into my pj's, brushed my hair, and took my makeup off. I opened the door only to find Vanessa there, staring at me with a big grin on her face.

"Ahh! Vanessa!! I told you to WAIT!" She sort of startled me to be honest.

"I AM waiting! See!" She pointed to herself and then at the ground.

"Ugh, I didn't mean waiting as in directly standing in front of my door!" I pointed towards the door.

It's like she didn't even hear what I said, "So, talk Laura! I can't wait any longer! Give me every little detail!"

Typical Vanessa. She almost sounded like a fangirl but she got this way if anything exciting happened to me.

"Okay, okay I'll talk. Just sit down on my bed."

She sat down and all her attention was on me. I told her how it was amazing and magical and yes, everything I hoped for and possibly more. I also told her about what happened in the parking lot. The warm feeling I got when his arms wrapped around my waist. The way we both blushed when we talked about the moment. Everything.

I started to get excited again and by the time I was finished Vanessa and I were both fangirling and started jumping up and down. I think I might've gotten too excited because I stumbled over my desk chair and fell. I'm known for tripping and falling. Typical Laura. We both laughed and laid down on either side of my bed. I looked up at the ceiling trying to calm myself down and Vanessa turned to me, clearly exhausted from all the laughing.

"So Laura, does this mean you might give him a chance? You know, to be in a relationship?"

I thought about it. I've had these hidden feelings stashed in the back on my brain for Ross and I guess right now I'm admitting maybe I do like him slightly more than a friend. It was that kiss! Wow. I learn something new everyday don't I?!

I turned to her clearly shocked by her question, "Oh I don't know! I mean, yes, I might have some feelings for him but I wouldn't say no and I wouldn't say yes right now." I paused, "I don't have the time for a relationship. It would also be risking what we already have. I'm not gonna rush it either."

She raised her eye brows, "Laura, first of all if you have time for your friendship, you should be able to make time for a relationship. If you don't want to rush it, just slowly get to that point of mutual interest. I'm pretty sure he likes you, and has for awhile so just slowly drop hints of interest here and there. Sometimes boys can be clueless, but if he knows you well enough, sooner or later he'll ask you to be his girlfriend!"

I just shrugged. I've heard this before, it almost sounded like advice Raini would give. "Maybe. I know I could 'make' time but we'll just have to see what the future holds. I want him to come to me, he's the guy and that's his job right?"

She laughed slightly,"Haha! Sometimes! Depending if he's shy or whatever. Just think about it, about what I said."

She then sat up and walked out of my room, winking at me. Oh Vanessa. She is my older sister after all. Always the one who feels the need to give her little sis advice. Sometimes it wasn't always the best advice, but these were one of those times where her advice...wasn't so bad. A+ for Vanessa Marano!