Chapter 25

Ross's POV

I just stood there. I was happy she was here, yes. But I was kind of upset with whoever invited her without letting me know. I was in my pajama bottoms and had a plain white T-Shirt on. I was cautious when it came to appearance and this, just no. Count the fact that my hair was a complete mess too.

"You a- ready for bed Rossy Boo?" Laura sat there and laughed with Rydel.

"Rossy Boo? Really Laura? Don't call me that!" I tried sounding serious but the ladies thought I was joking and started to have a giggle fit once more.

"Hahaha! Why? It's cute!"

I raised my eyebrows."You know why."

Laura's POV

*Remembers when she regretted throwing the grape*

I became completely silent and Rydel became aware she was the only one laughing and stopped too.

"That's what I thought!"

Ross left abruptly and Rydel turned to me.

"What was that about?"

"Oh! Well, let's just say I'm going to regret calling him that."

"Ok.."

Just before everything became awkward, I heard a door open. Rocky, Ryland, Ratliff, Stormie, and Mark came in.

Stormie and Mark were the first to come into the kitchen and greet me while the rest of the boys chatted aimlessly near the doorway.

"Oh my gosh! Laura! It's so nice to see you!"

She gave me a hug and smiled excitedly.

"Are you staying for dinner?"

"Oh yeah! Rydel actually wanted to have a sleepover with me so I'm actually staying the night!"

"That's nice! Oh! BOYS!?"

They all turned their heads towards the kitchen and came over to me.

Rocky: "Hey Laura! Long time no see!"

Ratliff: "Yeah! It's nice to finally see you after awhile!"

Ryland: "Yeah!"

They squished me in a tight hug and Rydel had to pry them off me.

"Hey, hey, hey! Don't get too clingy now. Her boyfriend might become upset you know."

Rocky: "Oh I'm so scared! Haha!"

Ross was suddenly standing behind Rocky with his arms crossed. The rest of the boys chattered down.

"You should be!"

Rocky turned around to see Ross becoming serious.

"O-Oh. Sorry bro. I didn't know you guys were official. You're always talking about her but I wasn't sure how long it would actually take you to-"

Ross covered his brothers' mouth.

"Ok! I think we've heard enough from you Rocky! Why don't you go change or take a shower!"

Ross led Rocky to the stairs. He uncovered his mouth and gave Rocky a push as he scurried up the staircase.

I silently chuckled. Oh brotherly love.

Stormie started preparing the food and turned to Rydel, who was texting.

"Sweetie, why don't you take Laura and her stuff up to your room."

"Oh sure! Come Laura."

I followed Rydel up to her room with my stuff.

"Make yourself at home!"

"Haha ok! Thanks!"

I set up my sleeping bag and put my other bags in a corner. I only took about 10 minutes or so until I heard Stormie call up to us.

"Dinner is ready!"

Rydel and I rushed downstairs and found all the boys already sitting at the table. Ross looked at me and patted on the seat next to him. I sat there. I noticed he put on some new clothes and had his hair tidy.

"Why did you change?"

"My clothes? Because...I like to look nice for you!" He smiled.

"You're funny. Let me fix something."

He looked confused and I reached up to his hair and ruffled it, making it messy.

"Hey! What was that for? You messed up my hair!"

"I didn't mess it up! I like it slightly messy!"

He chuckled and grinned at me in amusement. "Ok, whatever you say!"

He quickly put his hand on my head and ruffled my hair too.

"There! Now we're even!"

We both laughed as plates were being passed around. I looked around the table and saw all the brothers and Ratliff chatting and making jokes with each other. They shared stories of the day as food was being eaten.

I should find more time to spend with with this family. This wonderful, crazy family of Lynch's. They made me feel welcome. Like I was apart of the family. Like their home was my home.

The boys kept asking for my opinion on whatever it was and Ross kept looking over at me, happy with what he saw. There were moments in the meal where I thought how this was how it would be like if I stayed with Ross. If I was committed to this relationship. And you know what I realized?

I could get used to this.