Chapter 22

Ross's POV

*Next morning*

I heard birds chirping and felt the warm sun shine on my face.

I realized where I was as I fluttered my eyes open and flashbacks from last night started to etch in my mind. We were both stretched out on the blankets. Laura's head was snuggled against my chest with one arm hanging over my torso.

She was still sleeping and I took this chance to take in her beauty. Ten seconds nearly passed when I realized we had to go to set in a couple hours. Thank goodness I woke up early! I should probably wake Laura up too.

I started to lift myself up a little and I saw her head slightly move. Instead of getting up, she moved her head up to my shoulder and buried it in the crook of my neck. As much as I loved the way she was clinging to me right now, we needed some time to get ready.

I smiled and stroked her hair. Then I whispered,"Laura, hey, sweetie get up okay?"

I heard her muffled groan,"Nooooo..."

I whispered again,"Laura...as much as I love-"

She still had her eyes closed and groaned again. "I'm not getting up and you can't make me..."

Well then! If she wants to play that game...

"H-Hey, no. No! Hahaha Ross, no! Hahaha stop!"

She started to move once I started poking at her sides. Ha! That ought to get her up!

"Hahaha! Ok, ok, I'm up!"

"Good! Let's get ready to go. We need time to eat too."

We both sat up and Laura started looking around the treehouse like something was wrong.

She turned to me and spoke,"B-But, I want to stay here...with you."

She must really love this place!

"I know. I want to stay here too, trust me. I have an idea! Let's make this...our place. From now on! We can meet here whenever we want too! What do you think?"

She automatically lit up like an excited child on Christmas Day. "I love it! It'll be our little secret." She winked at me.

"Definitely!"

Since we didn't have any clothes or mandatory toiletries, I decided to bring Laura to my house so I could change. I let her know that Rydel would let her borrow some clothes to change in as well.

Laura's POV

I haven't seen Ross's family in a while so I was excited to finally see them. Especially Rydel! She's one of my closest friends.

We finally arrived 10 minutes later and hopped out of the car.

"Wait...did your family know where you were last night? Because if not, they're probably mad at you."

He turned around before walking to his door. "Chill Laura. I had Riker cover for me if anyone asked. Besides, I know for a fact that the only siblings at home are Riker, Rydel, and Ryland. Everyone else is out somewhere with my parents."

I nodded and followed Ross to the door as he rang the doorbell.

The door opened after a few seconds. Riker answered it and greeted us in with a smile. "Hey Ross! Oh! You brought Laura! Long time no see! Come on in!"

He embraced Ross and I into a double hug and I heard Rydel shouting from across the hallway,"Laura?! Oh my gosh, I haven't seen you in forever!"

I broke Riker's hug and dashed across the hallway to squeeze Rydel.